SOL Republic Tracks HD or Monster Inspiration or Beats Studio HD?
Aug 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #16 of 58
The better headphones are rarely sold in brick and mortar stores for some reason.

I have a pair of the Zoro coming in hopefully today or early next week and have heard the SOL HD Track so will post a comment about the differences.

I can say this. I tried the SOL HD Track and have heard the Beats Solo and Monster Ncredible Ntune and in my opinion while I never kept any of them, the SOL HD Track was easily the best of all of them and also the cheapest so if you have to stick with local stores your making the best choice out of what you have on hand.

Aug 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 58
I broke my Denon 110 and started to look for a replacement. The SOL HD look amazing and in theory it's almost indestructible. I saw some reviews about its sound and most of them are good. So, it looked like the perfect thing for me. I bought one last week and unfortunately I'm sad :frowning2: I'm still burning it in, hoping that the sounds get better. But, right now, they can't compare to my old Denon :frowning2: My main complaints:
1. Mids and Highs too low. You have to crank up the volume to start listening to them.
2. There's no much separation between the instruments

Maybe I got a bad copy, or maybe I need to burn it in for 1 month. Anyway, I'm sad :frowning2:

Aug 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #21 of 58
The Zoro sounds NOTHING like the Beats Solo the SOL, or the Ncredible Ntunes I have heard. The Zoro is very balanced while not skimping on the bass and if you like the looks of the Beats you will like the the Zoro's styling. They are not as solid as the other headphones build wise but are not bad and at the least price are OK. I am using a Vmoda iphone cable ($20) so i can use it with my iphone and loving the sound.

If you can order online the Zoro is serious contender as one of the best sounding headphones in it's price bracket.

Aug 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #23 of 58
I simply cannot beleive i didn't think of these before, Creative Aurvana Live (or a.k.a CAL on HeadFi) - Probably one the best Bang for Buck Headphone ever created IMO.
They don't look too shabby either
wink.gif

Give them a look
darthsmile.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #24 of 58
Nobody has suggested them yet, so I'll just throw it out there. How about Fanny Wangs?

But I'd suggest SOL Republic over any monster product any day. (Well, the Beats Pro aren't bad, but they're still ridiculously overpriced.)

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #25 of 58
Quote:
Nobody has suggested them yet, so I'll just throw it out there. How about Fanny Wangs?

But I'd suggest SOL Republic over any monster product any day. (Well, the Beats Pro aren't bad, but they're still ridiculously overpriced.)

IDK about Monster, but I would recommend it over the Beats line any day.  Not Monster in general though, they do make good products that are a little less over priced than SOL (in terms of value), but still slightly overpriced.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #26 of 58
Quote:

IDK about Monster, but I would recommend it over the Beats line any day.  Not Monster in general though, they do make good products that are a little less over priced than SOL (in terms of value), but still slightly overpriced.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant the Beats line, not the entirety of Monster products. Although the company is going downhill ... but I digress! Thanks for the correction. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 58
Quote:

Sorry, my mistake. I meant the Beats line, not the entirety of Monster products. Although the company is going downhill ... but I digress! Thanks for the correction. 

OK, makes more sense.  I don't feel that Monster is running down hill...  I do agree that the Beats line would be a scar on Monster.

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #28 of 58
I seriously think that the monster inspiration active noise canceling are really good. Check them out..is s great balance of good looks good built quality c, foldable compact size and good sound not to mention useful and quite effective noise canceling..plus e cables.....in fact i was soo impressed that i put in an order over at Amazon..they had s great price for 250 usd. Might cancel my vm100 pre order.!

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #29 of 58
Planning to hopefully post my review of the Inspiration (passive NC model) this week. Keep your eyes peeled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back