SOL Republic Tracks HD or Monster Inspiration or Beats Studio HD?
Aug 16, 2012 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

gshadow

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

I'm a pretty noob head-fier and just started getting into the world of audio and just wondering out of these 3 headphones, which ones should I get?:

- Monster Inspiration (also considered the Purities)
- SOL Republic Tracks HD
- Beats Studio HD

I know i've read everywhere that these headphones might be a full of crap/ overpriced headphones and that there are better ones such as Shures or Klipsch etc. but i really just want good looking headphones, with nice and clear lows, mids and high with a punchy bass, but not too overpowering. Since I'm quite limited by choice as well in NZ, these are the ones that I'm interested in. Any advice?

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 58
I know a good lookin set of cans that have wayyy bettr sound quality and are half the price of beats solos. The numark redwave. i dont own these but i have heard good things bout these also the ultasone hfi- 580 and the creative aurvana live(these have the same drivers as denon's)

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 58
I don't. Know the availability of these in NZ but the V-moda crossfade M80 are damn good looking and are a bit bass heavy like the other choices as you stated but for everything else e.g. Mids and highs will be head and shoulders above the other three.
They still will be way behind the class leaders at that price point

Hope that helps :darthsmile:

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #4 of 58
If your really going for looks that will get you popularity then go with the beats or sol's. but like what sunray95 said the vmoda m80's are absolutey amazin. all i know is that i need bass headphones so im gonna buy the ultrasone hfi-580.

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #5 of 58
Quote:
Hi there,

I'm a pretty noob head-fier and just started getting into the world of audio and just wondering out of these 3 headphones, which ones should I get?:

- Monster Inspiration (also considered the Purities)
- SOL Republic Tracks HD
- Beats Studio HD

I know i've read everywhere that these headphones might be a full of crap/ overpriced headphones and that there are better ones such as Shures or Klipsch etc. but i really just want good looking headphones, with nice and clear lows, mids and high with a punchy bass, but not too overpowering. Since I'm quite limited by choice as well in NZ, these are the ones that I'm interested in. Any advice?

I have not heard the SOL HD, but did have the Tracks.  It was pushing it for the price, had a deep V though.  The HD is supposed to help the recessed mids, but from what I've read, it's not enough.  I'm getting the Inspiration today.  

You may also be interested in the Klipsche Mode M40s or something from the new Denon Line (looks-wise).  I haven't heard too much positive feedback about the M40s, Denon's line is new.  V-Moda is also a good one as well (It'd be my recommendation at this point in time, I don't have the Inspiration on hand yet).  Another thing that may interest you is the Pioneer STEEZ 808.  

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #6 of 58
Another to think about is the Bowers Wilkins P5 i really like the look and they are very highly acclaimed in the sonic department.
Here's a review: http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-p5

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 58
Quote:
Another to think about is the Bowers Wilkins P5 i really like the look and they are very highly acclaimed in the sonic department.
Here's a review: http://www.whathifi.com/review/bw-p5

I have not heard the P5, but they are well regarded here.  I also like the P3s (I own and have heard them).  Inspiration came in.  Sub-bass focus with good punch.  Tends towards the higher mids with a sweeter sound.  Extra crispy treble (similar to how the Fidelio L1 was when I first got them, but to a lesser extreme with the Inspiration).  More to come by request.

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

I have not heard the P5, but they are well regarded here.  I also like the P3s (I own and have heard them).  Inspiration came in.  Sub-bass focus with good punch.  Tends towards the higher mids with a sweeter sound.  Extra crispy treble (similar to how the Fidelio L1 was when I first got them, but to a lesser extreme with the Inspiration).  More to come by request.

I'd love to hear more about the Inspiration--Consider it requested!  Are they dark or veiled in any way?  I guess not if the treble is "extra crispy", but usually cans with a sub-bass focus tend to be. 

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 58
Quote:

I'd love to hear more about the Inspiration--Consider it requested!  Are they dark or veiled in any way?  I guess not if the treble is "extra crispy", but usually cans with a sub-bass focus tend to be. 

I wouldn't call these dark or veiled...  The bass is well controlled.  I'm going to burn them in and get used to them before I post any detailed impressions.  I also have the M80, P3, and the Pioneers on hand if you want any comparisons later on.  But I do need to burn them in first.  

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

I wouldn't call these dark or veiled...  The bass is well controlled.  I'm going to burn them in and get used to them before I post any detailed impressions.  I also have the M80, P3, and the Pioneers on hand if you want any comparisons later on.  But I do need to burn them in first. 

I'd love a review too.

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #11 of 58
+1 for the Ultrasone HFI-580

I don't have a pair myself but I did try a pair out once and they look decent enough and have almost Beats levels of bass and actually sound good. It's a good thing that they have less because the Beats have too much.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 58
Quote:
Would the Tracks HD be a good deal for 110? Used, comes with one extra headband and wire?

They sell new for 130...  Either way, I think there would be better values out there.  

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #14 of 58
Thanks guys for the suggestions but yeah, most of the headphones you guys suggested are really not available in NZ. Sadly, only beats, monsters in ears, sennheisers and other mainstream brands are sold. But i think I might be leaning towards the Tracks HD, since its also going within my budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back