SOL Republic Tracks HD or Monster Inspiration or Beats Studio HD?
Aug 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #31 of 58
Quote:
Please do so :) could you also do the Purities?

Review will be posted as a link (I will not own rights to the review any longer after it's posted on a different blog).  I do not have the Purities on hand.  Sorry. 

Aug 28, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #32 of 58
Monster inspiration is a great NC headphone. I think its the best when considering audio quality. Its the rare active noise canceling product which also sounds plenty good when the noise canceling is switched off, either because the battery is dead or because external noises  need to be heard. That makes Inspiration perhaps the first active noise canceling headphones which don’t represent a compromise when it comes to using them in either mode.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #34 of 58
I forgot to post that I wrote my review a few days ago XD  Been so busy lately.  Inspiration review: http://www.ifans.com/blog/56719/

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #37 of 58
Quote:
Have you guys seen the new SOL Tracks Ultra?

Quote:

I have, and have heard good things about them. I haven't seen a formal review of them yet, though.

Quote:
Hmm.... I just hope they completely fix the recessed mids and dont put overwhelming bass in them...

I just recieved review pair of the Ultra as well as the HD. They will be in my next roundup review, which should be posted in a few weeks. Initial impressions are pretty decent for a mainstream headphone. The Ultra's mids are less recessed than the HD and the bass is not overwhelming. I'm still burning them in but right now the mids are present but not incredibly detailed. But, truthfully, these are better than I was expecting.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #39 of 58
Quote:
Hmm, compared with the inspirations, which one do you think it's better?

That's a toughy.  The Inspirations are a bit more balanced over the SOLs.  I would think preference would have a bigger impact with this decision over the actual SQ.  

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #42 of 58
When I tried the Monster Inspiration on at Best Buy, it leaks to the outside world. Youtube videos confirm this. Is the Monster Inspiration supposed to leak even in NC mode or am I and some people just getting a bad seal?

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #43 of 58

Oct 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:
Hi there,

I'm a pretty noob head-fier and just started getting into the world of audio and just wondering out of these 3 headphones, which ones should I get?:

- Monster Inspiration (also considered the Purities)
- SOL Republic Tracks HD
- Beats Studio HD

I know i've read everywhere that these headphones might be a full of crap/ overpriced headphones and that there are better ones such as Shures or Klipsch etc. but i really just want good looking headphones, with nice and clear lows, mids and high with a punchy bass, but not too overpowering. Since I'm quite limited by choice as well in NZ, these are the ones that I'm interested in. Any advice?

Could i reccomend the noontec zoro's there very stylish half the price and sound better than all of the headphones you have listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back