Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Sep 10, 2023 at 4:36 PM Post #1,577 of 1,593
Any chance this will be at CanJam?

Sep 10, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #1,578 of 1,593
IMG_0291.jpeg

Can’t wait to try this out
Interesting device indeed. It seems it has the same specs of the Moondrop SOLIS II. Anyone heard that set? I am curious as well.

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #1,579 of 1,593
Interesting device indeed. It seems it has the same specs of the Moondrop SOLIS II. Anyone heard that set? I am curious as well.

Isn’t it that Solis has only 2DD, 2BA, 4EST?

Sep 10, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #1,580 of 1,593
Sep 29, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #1,583 of 1,593
I have oracle OG and had the RSV as a loaner. Both are very good neutral IEM.
The oracle has an advantage in treble extension. But I'm not the biggest fan of EST treble. It does sound a bit incoherent. The RSV is more tame treble wise and sounds overall more coherent and tighter in the bass. If I had to choose again I'd personally go for the RSV.

(Build quality is a lot more solid on RSV, with filled resin shells)

Oct 14, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #1,585 of 1,593
hey guys, to anyone who has an rsv, can you check if there is suppsoed to be a bottom filter? i bought a second hand unit and noticed that treble seemed to come out stronger from the left ear than the right, and noticed that the one filter with the metal at the bottom seems to be different on both sides. the left side doesnt seem to have a filter, but the right side seems to have one (and it looks dirty). i cant seem to find any replacement filters for it online too, so im not sure if this is meant to be replaceable or not

any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• photo_2023-10-14_23-31-08.jpg
    photo_2023-10-14_23-31-08.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 14, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #1,587 of 1,593
hey guys, to anyone who has an rsv, can you check if there is suppsoed to be a bottom filter? i bought a second hand unit and noticed that treble seemed to come out stronger from the left ear than the left, and noticed that the one filter with the metal at the bottom seems to be different on both sides. the left side doesnt seem to have a filter, but the right side seems to have one (and it looks dirty). i cant seem to find any replacement filters for it too.

any help would be appreciated :)
It's a little hard to see in the pictures, a bigger close-up would be nice. It seems that the filter is missing on the right side and the filter on the left seems a little dirty, but it is difficult to be certain :smile_phones:

Attachments

• 1697298504673a.jpg
    1697298504673a.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 14, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #1,588 of 1,593
It's a little hard to see in the pictures, a bigger close-up would be nice. It seems that the filter is missing on the right side and the filter on the left seems a little dirty, but it is difficult to be certain :smile_phones:
hm does your left side rsv bottom hole with the metal piece has a filter?

kind of hard to take a photo so close up, but what i have is that the left side has no filter

1697300186221.png

and the right side has a filter on that bottom hole and is rather dirty

1697300232878.png

not sure if the norm is whether there is supposed to be a filter on that side or not, because the lack of presence of a filter on the left side (and/or the dirty filter on the right) seems to explain why treble seems more present on the left

Oct 15, 2023 at 11:23 PM Post #1,590 of 1,593
Bit late to the party with my new babies Twilight but hey, it seems like one of the best parties I've ever been to.
Received them 5 days ago but wanted to wait with my impressions because we all know how the "new toy syndrome" affects our abilities to judge properly.
So im actually more in love with them the more I listen to them. They are quite remarkable. This is probably the most realistic sound ive ever heard from any iem and maybe even from a headphone in general. The timbre is unmatched by any iem I've heard/had/have and i currently own the Monarch MK2 (this one comes very close), u12t, Xelento 2, Mest MK2, Xelento og, Kinera Nanna and some more to compare A/B.
I like the Twilight the most and you all know the reasons as most of you here have already mentioned the amazing qualities of the Twilight.
What surprised me the most is the bass when I compared them to the Xelento 2 which are considered a bass monsters.
The Twilight has even denser and more physical bass impact! This combined with better balanced bass quantity, gives a definitely more realistic bass playback and timbre.
Twilight's mid/treble quality are on a different planet, sounding open, REAL, like im attening a live show. On the Xelento 2 the stage is huge but the sound seems closed in a big sphere, where on the Twilight the stage is even bigger and really really open.
The treble on the Xelento 2 sound thin and bit sharp at times. The Twilight's trebles I would describe in just one word - REALISM. Smooth, extended and as natural as it gets.
I can't stop listening to them, just switching daps between charging circles. A huge WOW

Attachments

• 20231016_045947.jpg
    20231016_045947.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back