Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 30, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #1,081 of 1,593
I didn't mean any offense regarding KPop. The comment was about "thinner and brighter" sounding in general and associating it with "weeb", which I've never heard of before.
I try not to bash genres. We like what we like (shrug) Every genre casts the same spell on us if it speaks to our hearts.

But also, I lol'd a little at your comic timing, if it was meant that way.
I do really like JPop. No worries! I was just being light-hearted. I am in full agreement with you. I love the part of your post I bolded. Quite poetic!

Apr 1, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #1,082 of 1,593
I got the Volume a few weeks ago from another Head.fi member.

Good technicalities but very bright at high volumes due to a peak at 3 peak. (Impedance issue.)

Decided to put a bit of cotton on the BA hole (Mod by RikudouGoku.) was too cheap to get the Y2 filters LOL.

Night and day difference, modded Volume just became my favorite IEM, out of the 19 sets I own.

Bass is really good on these, reminds me of the Legacy 4's good DD but better.

Potential end game IEM given my limited budget, but I want to try the B2 Dusk before exiting the IEM rabbit hole because pretty much everyone loves this set. (Sells like hotcakes whenever I see one for sale on classifieds.)

...That is until I save up for a u12t or another TOTL set.

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #1,083 of 1,593
These tips also work like a charm
OSTRY
41WzBStAzGL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/OSTRY-OS300-Earphone-Turning-black/dp/B010WK3D2E
I also heard the Legacy 4 (demo), and was pretty impressed with its bass. But, I still think the quality on the Volume is higher, both in its texture and presentation. You could boost the one on Legacy 4 though using its switch

Apr 6, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #1,085 of 1,593
Apr 12, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #1,087 of 1,593
With low impedance and high sensitivity would RSV work well with balanced output?

Apr 18, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #1,091 of 1,593
If you know how to buy from chinese Taobao platform and also have a big wallet (in my case twice NO) than you probably have the chance to become a owner of the 88 pieces limited Turii ti.

turiiti.jpg
Too many hoops to jump through for my location and already owning the original makes it a meh release for me.
Get your act together Softears and release an updated, proper, actually available, Turii. Why haven't the limited 88 sold out yet already anyway? I keep hearing about this release. It should fade into the night and be supplanted by something everyone can buy. Release a non-limited Turii and have MusicTeck stock it like the rest of your offerings.

ps, I do heart you. I am just confused with all the smoke and mirrors regarding Turii.

Apr 19, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #1,092 of 1,593
Too many hoops to jump through for my location and already owning the original makes it a meh release for me.
Get your act together Softears and release an updated, proper, actually available, Turii. Why haven't the limited 88 sold out yet already anyway? I keep hearing about this release. It should fade into the night and be supplanted by something everyone can buy. Release a non-limited Turii and have MusicTeck stock it like the rest of your offerings.

ps, I do heart you. I am just confused with all the smoke and mirrors regarding Turii.
I feel you man. I suspect that the Turii Ti was delayed. And that sort of impacted the release of more from the Turii product line.

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,093 of 1,593
Get your act together Softears and release an updated, proper, actually available, Turii. Why haven't the limited 88 sold out yet already anyway?

We don't know what's going on 'behind the scenes' at the Softears company, all we know that they put a'lot effort in development etc. and don't flood the market with one release after another :wink: like other brands.

Also not sure if the Turii titanium idea was really born from a april fools joke in 2021, well in 2022 Softears posted that :sweat_smile:

007KiRDYgy1h0twauevghj31z42yowy5.jpg007KiRDYgy1h0twavw4hzj32ow1o0hdt.jpg

Apr 19, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,094 of 1,593
We don't know what's going on 'behind the scenes' at the Softears company, all we know that they put a'lot effort in development etc. and don't flood the market with one release after another :wink: like other brands.

Also not sure if the Turii titanium idea was really born from a april fools joke in 2021, well in 2022 Softears posted that :sweat_smile:

007KiRDYgy1h0twauevghj31z42yowy5.jpg007KiRDYgy1h0twavw4hzj32ow1o0hdt.jpg
So you're just gonna drop pics of wireless Turii's and walk away? OK, fine, lol.

This would make sense on why the radio silence if they are repositioning it as a wireless solution. Or in addition to a wired as well?
I personally am not interested in wireless anything, but some news is better than none, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back