Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #662 of 1,593
Yes,
honestly if it have a DD rumble plus an EST treble sparkle,
it will easily be an end game for me,

*sadly the cerberus is not it,
It's probably currently my favourite IEM but yeah for electronic music it would be really nice to have a dynamic bass. The problem is that the coherency is what makes it so strong so a hybrid wouldn't be a solution.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #664 of 1,593
Anyone has both the Softears Turii and the Moondrop Illumination? I heard they sounded similar, Turii has a slight edge, but the price is doubled. How are they fit?

I have both, they don't sound quite the same but sure share some "DNA", venting system being identical on them if I am not mistaken. Illumination is not quite as authoritative as the Turii and neither is it as resolving. Illumination is warmer but not as thick as the Turii and also has more relaxed upper-mids/lower-treble. The Turii feels more reference-like and is technically superior to the Illumination by any metric I can think of but the Illumination is probably the most pleasant sounding of them or rather perhaps the one that has the largest pleasant volume range of the two. The Turii is a bit of a bitch for me in terms of optimal listening volume, a bit too low and the lower-mid thickness makes them feel a bit muddy and a bit too high the upper-mids/lower-treble becomes to hot so optimal volume is quite narrow I find with the Turii. The Illumination and pretty much everything else I have is more flexible for me in term of listening volume. I have good fit with both, I can't vouch for it to be the same for everyone however.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #666 of 1,593
I just reviewed the custom version of the Cerberus today:

https://www.headfonia.com/softears-cerberus-review/

1632375100620.png

Sep 23, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #667 of 1,593
Any good recommendations for a nice cable for the RSV ?

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #669 of 1,593
Yes I didn’t notice particular improvements with RSV cable and it’s easy to drive so you can stay with SE stock cable😊

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #671 of 1,593
Anyone else thinks that the size of the horizontal soundstage of the RSV is huge? I only notice that on my desktop setup not so much on mobile though. I actually had to make sure it weren't my speakers that were playing.
Yeah its as big as it gets for the natural stage replay of any track. For me this is entirely due to the fact it nails my personal HRTF.

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #672 of 1,593
Sep 24, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #673 of 1,593
My Medusa 11 arrived last Wednesday. Any other recs?
I only have the experience with a budget cable,
- Xinhs 4 core silver whitecrane
- Xinhs 4 core graphene
- Xinhs 8 core graphene

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #674 of 1,593
My Medusa 11 arrived last Wednesday. Any other recs?
Well, just generally. Penon Mix I’ve found to be a versatile cable, high quality, affordable. But Medusa 2 is my favorite pair with RSV. Plussound, also. Their four wire copper is also very good quality for $200. Cema also makes fine cables. Can be had off Ali. I bought their precious metal cable, four wire, and nothing has paired better with my Sultan than that one. That was $200 also but it took a solid month to arrive New York. Anything by Cema is worth exploring, I think. Very affordable, comparatively. Cheers

Sep 24, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #675 of 1,593
Well, just generally. Penon Mix I’ve found to be a versatile cable, high quality, affordable. But Medusa 2 is my favorite pair with RSV. Plussound, also. Their four wire copper is also very good quality for $200. Cema also makes fine cables. Can be had off Ali. I bought their precious metal cable, four wire, and nothing has paired better with my Sultan than that one. That was $200 also but it took a solid month to arrive New York. Anything by Cema is worth exploring, I think. Very affordable, comparatively. Cheers
+1 on cema!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back