Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Apr 12, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #316 of 1,593
Had a bit of fun testing these. Short answer is that Turii is the most impressive considering that it's a single DD and the cheapest option of the 3.

The RS10 is good but didn't particularly stand out to me compared to other options in that price range or configuration.

The Cerebus is good as well but again, in that configuration or close to it I think there are very competitive options.

Out of the 3 I would rank them:
1. Turii - very natural tuning, vocals and instruments positioned accurately, neutral bass and wide soundstage.
2. RS10 - neutral-ish to transparent tuning, everything sounds good and in place but nothing stood out particularly (not necessarily a bad thing)
3. Cerebus - vocals and some instruments sounded unnaturally far away. The bass was nice and soundstage pretty decent.

I had the W2 with me and the Diablo. Turli sounded more detailed and dynamic on Turbo mode with 6.3 output.

20210412_191324.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #317 of 1,593
Can I ask you if you could compare the flagship IEM of Softears to the Oriolus Traillii that I use for example ?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ori...iscussion-thread.956460/page-33#post-16255935
We have a whole thread about this (also) Chinese produced IEM (with Japanese marketing wrapping or something).

Fact is, that the Traillii community if which I am also part of love that IEM, complain a little bit about the price and seek regularily if there is any contender.
So far only the Vision Ears Earlkoenig was mentioned as a potential contender for the No1 rank IEM of the best of best list - therefore I am curious to know if the RS10 is on the similar level (below, on paar, above...).
Any thoughts ?
I have the Trailli and tried the Cerberus and RS10 tonight. I would say Trailli is still much more unique in almost all respects. Bass, soundstage and layering.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #318 of 1,593
My favorite is the Cerberus so far. The RS10 is technically very impressive, but the Cerberus has excellent timbre and incredible consistency.

RSV has great value though. It sounds like the Lime Ears Pneuma, in a lesser degree.

I do think that the flagship models deserve much better cables in the meantime.

But oh boy, the timbre in the Cerberus. It's very impressive. It's unique IEM for me in that sense.

Apr 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #320 of 1,593
And I'm just crazy about the RS10. Although, of course, RSV is also good in its own way, especially considering its price. There are similarities with the RS10, but the RSV has a little more heat in the lower register and the midbass is delivered a little more densely (but not significantly), it resembles the work of a dynamic driver. Generally very neutral sounding style, but more accurate than the RS10. Overall, very good driver consistency, no seams, everything is smooth. But the RS10, in turn, amazes with its thrust and impact in the subbass area and dry pressure stand in the mids! :)

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #323 of 1,593
need a sugestion cable for the RSV,
copper/silver/spc ?

thank you, 🙏

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #325 of 1,593
And I'm just crazy about the RS10. Although, of course, RSV is also good in its own way, especially considering its price. There are similarities with the RS10, but the RSV has a little more heat in the lower register and the midbass is delivered a little more densely (but not significantly), it resembles the work of a dynamic driver. Generally very neutral sounding style, but more accurate than the RS10. Overall, very good driver consistency, no seams, everything is smooth. But the RS10, in turn, amazes with its thrust and impact in the subbass area and dry pressure stand in the mids! :)
I agree.

RS10 is now by far my most favorite IEM. Everything sounds colored to me in comparison. The RS10 is now synced with my brain, it sounds like real life to me. And its technical performance is just wow, I don't know what else I expect from an IEM.

Of course, it never hurts to add some color to mix things up, so I can still enjoy other IEM, but if I were only allowed to pick one IEM, for now, it would be RS10.

Apr 13, 2021 at 10:10 PM Post #327 of 1,593
I'm a RS10 CIEM user since Aug 2019, I sold my PP8 for it. It indeed sounds reference just as like the studio monitors in the studio I work.

Seems like the passive unit in my pair is black and the new RS10 is blue, I wonder if there's any technical and sound difference.

20210414_091952.jpg
They look great

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 13, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #328 of 1,593
OH wow, Cerberus up and coming ?! Reminds me a bit of the EJ07.. oddly .
So far that was my first positive review I saw for Cerberus, my gut is telling that’s tricky IEM.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #329 of 1,593
need a sugestion cable for the RSV,
copper/silver/spc ?

thank you, 🙏
I tried several Cables and went back to original, RSV is designed with that cable so does its coherence phasing.

Apr 14, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #330 of 1,593
I'm a RS10 CIEM user since Aug 2019, I sold my PP8 for it. It indeed sounds reference just as like the studio monitors in the studio I work.

Seems like the passive unit in my pair is black and the new RS10 is blue, I wonder if there's any technical and sound difference.

20210414_091952.jpg
I asked Softears about this because I thought only my unit had the blue part inside. The black pieces are capacitors. They are from now on in blue. Nothing changed, just a visual change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back