Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Apr 6, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #301 of 1,593
That's interesting to hear. Well yes I'm a bassist and I intend to use any of them on stage as well as for intense music listening, my only concert regarding DD sets is the distortion, knowing that the main reason for using multiple BA drivers in iems is to lower the distortion in peak performance, that's why almost all professional custom-made in-ears are all BA. I'm very concerned with the fit of the RSV. My ears aren't small by any means, yet I think they are on the large side, specially in the depth. You think the fit of the SA6 will make up for the difference in sound quality?
The diff in size is not that big actually. I have smallish ears, no problem with wearing, for both iems. Sound quality wise both are great. Can’t go much wrong with either.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #302 of 1,593
@HuoYuanJia
I want to share some info on the RSV sensitivity,
8Ω, 104dB@1mW.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #303 of 1,593
Hi my friends.
There is a lot of work so far, but I think during this week or early next week I will start looking into RSV. I don't want to pay too little attention to these iems because I really like what Softears does. After posting my RS10 review I decided to take a break from them, and while testing different audio equipment I listened to various full-size headphones and many of my ciem / iem. But yesterday I decided to go back to the RS10 and realized that I am in love with these iems, especially when combined with the iFi Hip DAC and xCAN (it adds a little warmth to the RS10 with an ess dac chip and a warm tone amp in the midbass area). As a result, the RS10's sound style remains detailed and technical, but adds warmth. Charming manner. It's really Great iem! Love it. :) ✌️

Apr 9, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #304 of 1,593
Hi my friends.
There is a lot of work so far, but I think during this week or early next week I will start looking into RSV. I don't want to pay too little attention to these iems because I really like what Softears does. After posting my RS10 review I decided to take a break from them, and while testing different audio equipment I listened to various full-size headphones and many of my ciem / iem. But yesterday I decided to go back to the RS10 and realized that I am in love with these iems, especially when combined with the iFi Hip DAC and xCAN (it adds a little warmth to the RS10 with an ess dac chip and a warm tone amp in the midbass area). As a result, the RS10's sound style remains detailed and technical, but adds warmth. Charming manner. It's really Great iem! Love it. :) ✌️
is it better than the Fir M5 ?

Apr 9, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #305 of 1,593
Hm.. ))
This is a completely different sound as it can be compared. But what I can say is that both the RS10 and the FIR M5 are high-end IEMs but with a different sound character. If you ask what I would choose if I was offered only one IEM for each day, I would answer - Vision Ears VE8.
But I also chose several CIEM/IEM models from VE (VE8, EVE20 & VE4.2), FIR M5 & M4, 64 audio A18t and A12t, InEar SD-2, PP8, PMX...and Softers RS10 and also RSV (although I only listened to the latter for a couple of days). And yes, I do not count the number of drivers, but listen to the sound.
Your question reminds me of the question when after 30 years I meet an old friend and he asks me the question "what kind of music am I listening to now ...?" After thinking a little, I answer: - "Good." I have a very wide range of listening to music from a wide variety of genres. And besides the fact that at one time I received a higher musical education in the class of violin, I played in various rock bands, was fond of both classical music and jazz, new wave, punk rock, hard rock ... etc.
And now, when I am 50 years old, they ask this question, I can only answer "I listen only to the best music" and for me the style of the genre does not matter. My taste is formed and I have no time to listen to bad music, my body ignores it in the first 5 seconds and throws out this garbage. Coming back to your question, the answer is obvious, because the same thing happens here, "Softears is a good brand and RS10 is definitely a good IEM."

Hope I was able to answer your question my friend :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #306 of 1,593

If we speak without metaphors and still try to compare these two IEMs (FIR M5 I have CIEM), then M5 is a more massive, some thick & warmer, more musical manner of sounding, with a more displaying macro dynamics, thick and at the same time emotional manner of sound. With a dense midbass. While the Softears RS10 is dry and very detailed, but not devoid of emotion, fast with powerful reverberations in the subbass area, linear midbass and emphasis in the mid-high / mid range of the sound. Detailed yet smooth enough and not annoying.
These are IEM - antipodes. That's why it's hard for me to say which will be better. This should be decided by everyone individually. But RSV will be (but this is a rough comparison), probably, something in between with the older brother (RS10) vs M5. In the sense that these are similar neutral manners, but with the addition of warmth and musicality ..

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #307 of 1,593
one thing I love about the Fir M5 is they sound big, grand, similar to hifiman arya,
it's addictive,
maybe the softears turrii have that characteristic,

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #308 of 1,593
If we speak without metaphors and still try to compare these two IEMs (FIR M5 I have CIEM), then M5 is a more massive,
oh, you mention it here, 😁
how about drivability?
with low power source,
do you have fiio btr5 ?

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #309 of 1,593
how about drivability?
with low power source,
do you have fiio btr5 ?
RSV works at its finest with low impedance source, like your BTR5 (low gain) and E1DA, it will explode in high gain😂 phasing will be off, and just sound like ordinary BA with the exploding sound.

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #310 of 1,593
RSV works at its finest with low impedance source, like your BTR5 (low gain) and E1DA, it will explode in high gain😂 phasing will be off, and just sound like ordinary BA with the exploding sound.
it become more immersive,
with a real explosion !!!

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #311 of 1,593
how about drivability?
with low power source,
do you have fiio btr5 ?

No, unfortunately I don't have btr5

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #312 of 1,593
Just one pic Softears RSV :)
DSCF4346_2.jpg

Apr 10, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #314 of 1,593
Apr 10, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #315 of 1,593
Showdown!
Hello, can I make a request,
try it also with a low power source like an apple dongle or something, then go up from there,
to know how well do they scale with a better source,

thank you, 🙏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back