Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Mar 27, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #272 of 1,593
After a long search and changing tips, with which it was possible to tune the sound of the RS10 to a small extent customizing it to your taste, I still returned to the complete medium-sized tips.

DSCF4246.jpg

Mar 27, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #273 of 1,593
Boom Shakalaka! :beyersmile:

DSCF7403.jpg

Mar 28, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #275 of 1,593
I’m taking a lot of time with the RS10. Sorry about that! But I’m glad I did.

The RS10 is the most bland, boring and undynamic sounding TOTL ... at first. But it slowly crawls up and changes the way you perceive sound.
Right now I’m at the point where I can’t appreciate any other IEM for “monitoring”. The A18t sound so warm, smooth, soft and smeared in comparison. So many tracks where you don’t notice auto-tune, noise or clipping but with the RS10 it’s so obvious!

It’s the kind of IEM that highlights flaws, but it also has the potential to create the most realistic experience yet. I went through 1/3 of all the Tiny Desk Concerts on YouTube and the small details in accuracy can really enhance live performances. You can hear where the mic is placed in comparison to an artificially big soundstage. Any other IEM sounds washed out and veiled in comparison.

I didn’t notice it at first, but now I think this is by far the highest resolution IEM I know. It’s not gonna make basement recordings sound good, though.

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #276 of 1,593
we can change the damper?
how to know if there is something wrong with it?
I don't have any fancy camera to check,
Doesn't seems like it.
Is there any closer look into the bores?
If there's damper in both sides I think there's no problem.
BTW dampers matters A LOT, so most of the time if the damper if messed up, the unbalance is clearly audible before someone told you(unless they are faulty on both sides)

Last edited:
Moondrop Stay updated on Moondrop at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.moondroplab.com
Mar 29, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #277 of 1,593
Here is the only source of sound that keeps the RS10 running at its best. It is able to give power and sound quality, without embellishment, even to the world's most demanding Headphones. And I'm amazed at what I hear from the RS10 + Myst 1866 OCO v2 (NOS) AD1866.
Great sounding iem - Power, beauty and honest sound. Dry and honest
IMG_20210329_071445.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #278 of 1,593
Bam! )) Nice pair, yeah! iFi Diablo & RS10

04.jpg

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #281 of 1,593
Mar 30, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #282 of 1,593
Always interesting to see/read what he has to say and I am almost shocked every time I see how much we agree. Anyway, I'm adding my two cents.

1. RSV
I just now noticed how close my target is to his. We seem to agree that this is an incredibly well-tuned IEM and possibly the best at its price. That is not even considering the build, cable, accessories, etc.

2. Turii
Again, we both agree that Turii is the best single DD yet. That's quite an achievement and I am happy to see somebody agrees with me. I guess that's 2/2 who have heard it around here. However, I rate the Turii even higher as I think the extension, soundstage, cohesion and speed are better than of many multi-BA designs.

Cerberus
Haven't heard it.

3. RS10
Quite a bit puzzled how he does not hear how the passive driver comes into play. RS10 has by far the best technical sub-bass I have ever experienced! It makes everything enjoyable without fatigue. I do also agree that the tuning of RSV is slightly superior, but technically the RS10 is a beast that's at least a tier above. BTW, I also have the Gemini and can compare directly, which he awarded with an S rank.
I agree with the description here.

Compared Turii, RSV and QDC Dmagic triple DD side by side.

In general, the Dmagic has a more exciting sound, which is noticeable more tilted up in the treble. Resulting in a richer sounding unit. The Turii is the more neutral of the two, with remarkable balance, coherence and naturalness. Coming from the Dmagic, the Turii sounded noticeably faster. And it’s smooth and detailed at the same time, which is a unique quality. Imaging is precise and stable. Both the Turii and Dmagic have fantastic bass. On its own RSV is great with the bass too. Mids are great on all three, I find the RSV having more lower mid texture. The RSV is tuned quite similar to the Turii, but the Turii has an unmistakably DD signature, and the RSV is slightly rougher in direct comparison. But at half the price, the RSV has a higher performance/price ratio. With a limited budget, you can’t go wrong with the RSV. I actually prefer it to the Dunu SA6 which is probably the more polite of the two. Between the Turii and the Dmagic, it’s a tough one. One for slightly colored excitement and one for reference.

Apr 1, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #285 of 1,593
I agree with the description here.

Compared Turii, RSV and QDC Dmagic triple DD side by side.

In general, the Dmagic has a more exciting sound, which is noticeable more tilted up in the treble. Resulting in a richer sounding unit. The Turii is the more neutral of the two, with remarkable balance, coherence and naturalness. Coming from the Dmagic, the Turii sounded noticeably faster. And it’s smooth and detailed at the same time, which is a unique quality. Imaging is precise and stable. Both the Turii and Dmagic have fantastic bass. On its own RSV is great with the bass too. Mids are great on all three, I find the RSV having more lower mid texture. The RSV is tuned quite similar to the Turii, but the Turii has an unmistakably DD signature, and the RSV is slightly rougher in direct comparison. But at half the price, the RSV has a higher performance/price ratio. With a limited budget, you can’t go wrong with the RSV. I actually prefer it to the Dunu SA6 which is probably the more polite of the two. Between the Turii and the Dmagic, it’s a tough one. One for slightly colored excitement and one for reference.
Hello, can you give me a more detailed comparison between the Dunu sa6 and the RSV? Thinking between these two and I wanna know if the price difference worth it.
I'm a bass player in some rock bands and I might be using these off/on stage, but primarily on stage monitoring. Intersted to know more about the sound signature difference, the fit of both iems, air pressure for prolonged use...etc
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back