Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #948 of 1,599
Hey all, I have (and love) a recent pair of RSVs. While they can't play quite at the level of my full sized stuff, I can't believe you can get this kind of sound in something so tiny and beautiful (I genuinely think they're better looking/built than my Focal Clear MGs!). However, I'm looking for a bit of tip advice.

Out of the stock tips, the foams didn't work for me at all. With silicons, medium and large are comfortable and seal quite well - however, I easily think smalls sound the best. There's no vacuum effect which is very present on M and L, and I think it just gets the best overall treble/upper mids.
Unfortunately, they're quite uncomfortable and my left ear in particular doesn't seal well.

What sort of aftermarket tips would people recommend to try out? I've been thinking along the lines of Spinfits or Earfits. Something maybe less likely to have the bore squeezed in which I think is causing this effect.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #950 of 1,599
My Volume should arrives today

IMG_20220204_065114.jpg

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #952 of 1,599
Awesome, drop them impressions. Do you have other softears as well?
I still have RSV and owned RS10 for many months

Feb 4, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #954 of 1,599
Here they are.
At night, more unboxing photos and first impressions.

Edit: This bass promises hours of entertainment

1643990316942.png

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #955 of 1,599
I can recommend JVC Spiral Dot tips. They have a larger diameter than most tips so the bores and nozzles don't get blocked or squeezed that much.
Spiral Dots, got it! Any particular recommendation on which version to go for for best compatability? I'm thinking the SM size is probably a great balance.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #958 of 1,599
Hey all, I have (and love) a recent pair of RSVs. While they can't play quite at the level of my full sized stuff, I can't believe you can get this kind of sound in something so tiny and beautiful (I genuinely think they're better looking/built than my Focal Clear MGs!). However, I'm looking for a bit of tip advice.

Out of the stock tips, the foams didn't work for me at all. With silicons, medium and large are comfortable and seal quite well - however, I easily think smalls sound the best. There's no vacuum effect which is very present on M and L, and I think it just gets the best overall treble/upper mids.
Unfortunately, they're quite uncomfortable and my left ear in particular doesn't seal well.

What sort of aftermarket tips would people recommend to try out? I've been thinking along the lines of Spinfits or Earfits. Something maybe less likely to have the bore squeezed in which I think is causing this effect.

On top of @Virtu Fortuna 's Spiral Dots recommendation, I'd recommend trying Azla Sedna Short and BGVP A07 too. I personally prefer Azla Sedna over Spiral Dots for RSV.

But a good snug seal with any ear tip will lead to a bit of vacuum effect.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #959 of 1,599
On top of @Virtu Fortuna 's Spiral Dots recommendation, I'd recommend trying Azla Sedna Short and BGVP A07 too. I personally prefer Azla Sedna over Spiral Dots for RSV.

But a good snug seal with any ear tip will lead to a bit of vacuum effect.
I have some Xelastecs coming in tomorrow to try. The vacuum effect I think is undesirable in this case because it's essentially not getting in deep enough/the tip is being squeezed in too much.

Feb 4, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #960 of 1,599
I have some Xelastecs coming in tomorrow to try. The vacuum effect I think is undesirable in this case because it's essentially not getting in deep enough/the tip is being squeezed in too much.

Oh! I get a nice deep fit with medium stock ear tips. Large ear tips fit fairly well too but the shells protrude outside the ear with 'em. Spin fit ear tips are good if you don't want the vacuum effect. I have a tough time coupling them in my canals properly but a lot of people love and swear by them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back