Soekris Audiophile Line Dac's 2541, 1541, 1421, 1321, 1101
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #196 of 484
I'm here.... And are easy to get in touch with, just send an email to info@soekris.dk.... I get a lot of emails, so as it says on the website, if no response, just send it again.... But also, please read the website, I'm pretty slow at answering emails asking for info that's on the website....

Mar 28, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #197 of 484
Back in February I emailed Soekris about ModHouse’s lack ofinventory. I got an email back from Soren, the owner and head engineer that said (paraphrasing) “thank you for your patience, we’re working hard to make them as fast as we can!”

A simple update on the ModHouse website would be nice though.

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #199 of 484
So, not only the company itself is almost impossible to get in touch with?
And they choose their resellers with the same high level of customer service. Nice!
The thought went through my mind immediately but I didn't have the guts to come out and say it :D

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #200 of 484
Back in February I emailed Soekris about ModHouse’s lack ofinventory. I got an email back from Soren, the owner and head engineer that said (paraphrasing) “thank you for your patience, we’re working hard to make them as fast as we can!”

A simple update on the ModHouse website would be nice though.
folks, if they are busy they are busy. these small companies, dealing with such complex electronics, suppliers, parts and materials and logistics during covid. Not easy, and if it ain't ready, it aint ready. no matter how many times the notify it. If it' sold out, they are the firsts interested on changing that, but... i want to buy an amp, also sold out.

Mar 29, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #201 of 484
folks, if they are busy they are busy. these small companies, dealing with such complex electronics, suppliers, parts and materials and logistics during covid. Not easy, and if it ain't ready, it aint ready. no matter how many times the notify it. If it' sold out, they are the firsts interested on changing that, but... i want to buy an amp, also sold out.
I hear ya. Running a business is hard work.

I think the biggest complaint here is communication. A simple one sentence update on the ModHouse website would do wonders for their customer satisfaction.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #202 of 484
of course, and also hire a web designer, a customer service person, and double the price of the dacs. running a business is extremely easy, it's just a matter of money. for example if you have a rich family, already done.

no thanks. give me bad customer service better please, thanks.

Apr 2, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #204 of 484
I am looking for a new device to use as a DAC only with a Stax 4170 system (006t&SR-407) and secondarily as a DAC/amp with a Sennheiser HD650 and I came about the Soekris 1421 and 2541. Any ideas about these combinations? I am a bit concerned whether the Stax/Soekris combo will be too clinical and the Soekris will not be powerful enough to power the Sennheiser. Many thanks!

Apr 2, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #205 of 484
The specs on the 1421 tell me your concerns about lack of drive for the 650s is valid. I would not expect the amp to do a good job at all. OTOH the specs for the 2541's amp section, balanced, ought to sound very good for an all-in-one.

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #207 of 484
Sorry, I have no idea. I have not heard any of the Soekris. I tried to buy one at one point but was not successful. I have tried HD 600s out of a fair number of amps and dacamps and I'm at the point where I can tell from the specs what I should expect.

Apr 2, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #209 of 484
Many thanks! Are you using the amp section of the 2541 as well?

Still learning how to quote! Apologies

Sorry, I have no idea. I have not heard any of the Soekris. I tried to buy one at one point but was not successful. I have tried HD 600s out of a fair number of amps and dacamps and I'm at the point where I can tell from the specs what I should expect.
Borderline off-topic, but may I ask what do you think the best DAC-amp you have used with your HD600? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back