Soekris Audiophile Line Dac's 2541, 1541, 1421, 1321, 1101
Feb 25, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #181 of 478
For your information a new batch of dac2541 is available at Soekris.dk. Just Ask Søren to get one.

This dac2541 really deserve a bit of patience this is for me the best dac for the price and by far.

(About communication, you have to wait from time to time mostly when nothing new as to be told...)

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #183 of 478
It is a small business, that is also what he writes on his website. It also states that one should be patient with getting a response. But it is hard to buy it since there is no distributor in Europe and for Denmark I guess the only way is to get it directly from the source... Maybe a loaner tour is the way forward.
Rather maybe a serious manufacturer and a reasonable distribution network and online order process is the way forward.

Nothing against the guy, he seemed very nice when I finally hear from him. But I'm too busy to chase companies when I want to buy something. If they don't make it easy, I go somewhere else.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #184 of 478
It is a small business, that is also what he writes on his website. It also states that one should be patient with getting a response. But it is hard to buy it since there is no distributor in Europe and for Denmark I guess the only way is to get it directly from the source... Maybe a loaner tour is the way forward.
I don't understand. Denmark is a part of EU since 1973, imports within EU are taxed at the supplier with VAT, no import duty. There is a easy way to send goods back for repair. Unless I miss something.

If you want to support small developers, you must be patient. Of course there is no free shipments like form Amazon, as these are sponsored from a taxpauer money by US government in support of monopolies.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #185 of 478
I don't understand. Denmark is a part of EU since 1973, imports within EU are taxed at the supplier with VAT, no import duty. There is a easy way to send goods back for repair. Unless I miss something.

If you want to support small developers, you must be patient. Of course there is no free shipments like form Amazon, as these are sponsored from a taxpauer money by US government in support of monopolies.
It's not about duty or VAT. It's the fact there is no sales outlet and no way to order online in the EU. He has distributors in other regions.

It's not about supporting small developers. It's that it's bizarre that it's easier to buy a European product in America than it is in Europe.

Feb 25, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #186 of 478
It's not about duty or VAT. It's the fact there is no sales outlet and no way to order online in the EU. He has distributors in other regions.

It's not about supporting small developers. It's that it's bizarre that it's easier to buy a European product in America than it is in Europe
In Europe this is direct sell. You can order sending a mail, nothing complicated ! Pay by banking transfert or even paypal adding fee once you know that you can get one quickly.

I can admit that Soren seems more comfortable with technical part than the commercial one ! (he probably have some issue with loosing some margin or increasing price due to unproductive sales guy or fee for gigantic Corp...:wink:). This is his choice !

Your buying experience would be better if you could order and pay online and get it next day.. Buy topping on amazon !

Feb 25, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #187 of 478
In Europe this is direct sell. You can order sending a mail, nothing complicated ! Pay by banking transfert or even paypal adding fee once you know that you can get one quickly.

I can admit that Soren seems more comfortable with technical part than the commercial one ! (he probably have some issue with loosing some margin or increasing price due to unproductive sales guy or fee for gigantic Corp...:wink:). This is his choice !

Your buying experience would be better if you could order and pay online and get it next day.. Buy topping on amazon !
It's complicated by no way to purchase online. No response to email for more than a month. It's pointless to try and defend this.

People can buy Soekris products in America online, for less money, and get the product the next day.

<FAIL>

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #188 of 478

I am in the same country as Soekris. It would probably be easier to drive the two hours over to the factory and knock on his door to get the product. The matter of the fact is that I was ready to buy at the time. Now I got my self a new espresso-machine and a cheaper DAC/amp instead :coffee::coffee:

Feb 25, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #189 of 478
I am in the same country as Soekris. It would probably be easier to drive the two hours over to the factory and knock on his door to get the product. The matter of the fact is that I was ready to buy at the time. Now I got my self a new espresso-machine and a cheaper DAC/amp instead :coffee::coffee:
You're missing out though. The 2541 is a damn awesome piece of kit :)

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #190 of 478
You're missing out though. The 2541 is a damn awesome piece of kit :)
Yeah, no doubt about that. I had the dac1101 on loan some years ago and it was very good indeed.

Mar 24, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #192 of 478
Has anybody who purchased a 2541 from ModHouse in the most recent release received a shipping notice, or communication of any sort? I purchased mine on Feb 22nd, and no word yet, or response to email I sent.

Not that I expected a reply to my email, but I sent one anyway. :)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #195 of 478
So, not only the company itself is almost impossible to get in touch with?
And they choose their resellers with the same high level of customer service. Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back