Soekris Audiophile Line Dac's 2541, 1541, 1421, 1321, 1101
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #137 of 478
That's where people falter. Source should be accurate, coloring job should be left to down the line equipment.
Accuracy is a good point, but what accuracy do you mean? As measured or as perceived? I gave you an example about DSP pre-procesing and you missed it.

Dec 27, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #138 of 478
Yep, this audio scientology stuff is toxic :D

Dec 27, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #139 of 478
Accuracy is a good point, but what accuracy do you mean? As measured or as perceived? I gave you an example about DSP pre-procesing and you missed it.
So you mean to say all r2r dacs are nos ? And if not, os in r2r dacs is magically done without any digital processing and dither ?😂

So you mean to say perceived accuracy is inversely proportional to measured accuracy ?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #140 of 478
So you mean to say all r2r dacs are nos ? And if not, os in r2r dacs is magically done without any digital processing and dither ?😂
Do you need dither for the source that is already dithered?

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #141 of 478
Dither, thither, and yon. All needed :D

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #142 of 478
So you mean to say perceived accuracy is inversely proportional to measured accuracy ?
Tell me first, do you like 20kHz BW or 90kHz BW jitter test?

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #144 of 478
Sounds fabulous, both. I still enjoy Christmas. :)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #146 of 478
Do you need dither for the source that is already dithered?
isn't oversampling in r2r dac digital processing ? Or all r2r dacs are nos ? Did you know that your "beloved yggy" uses some saucy burrito filter for oversampling. Now don't tell me that dither is not required in digital processing.😂😭🤣😆😉😂😀😁😅😂😃😉🤣😂😭😁😄🤔😡

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #147 of 478
isn't oversampling in r2r dac digital processing ? Or all r2r dacs are nos ? Did you know that your "beloved yggy" uses some saucy burrito filter for oversampling. Now don't tell me that dither is not required in digital processing.😂😭🤣😆😉😂😀😁😅😂😃😉🤣😂😭😁😄🤔😡
Oversampling filter and dithering has literally nothing to do with each other, the burrito thing does zero dithering 🙄

Dec 29, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #148 of 478
Oversampling filter and dithering has literally nothing to do with each other, the burrito thing does zero dithering 🙄
Noise shaping?
A bell rang in a wrong Church. :wink:

Trying to help. .LOL.

Dec 29, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #149 of 478
Ok, you mean to say oversampling does not require digital processing ? And digital processing does not require dither when converting from higher bits to lower bits ? Now don't tell me why digital processing requires higher bits for processing ? 😭 I mean what has happened to you engineers ? Can you oversample a 16bit 44.1khz files to 4x or 8x with "16bit" maths ? 😁 Will you not end up with lesser accurate bits than 16 if you use 16bit maths ? If you have some value which is accurate to 4th decimal place and you do some multiplication and division in a calculator which is also accurate upto 4th decimal place only , will you get the results which will be accurate to 4th decimal place ? Obviously you will use a calculator with higher decimal place accuracy so that there are no or lesser errors during rounding off to 4th decimal place. Similarly a 16bit 44.1khz file will be 4x oversampled using 32 or even 64bit maths and since r2r dac accepts full word length (16,18 or 20bit depending upon the r2r ladder capability), so lower bits out of 32 or 64bits after oversampling will be plainly discarded or chopped off after dither. Dither adds randomness to rounding off errors and random errors are less objectionable. Now for audio use, dither is low level random audio noise and for video it will be low chroma or luma noise. To avoid dither noise being audible during low volume music passages, the dither noise can be shifted to inaudible band which is called noise shaping. Now go get into the papers of burrito filter or sharc chip specs and see whether it uses 16bit processing for oversampling.😂 And whether it uses dither or not. Eagerly waiting for your " engineering expertise"🤣😂😆🤣😉😉🤔😭😁

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #150 of 478
It didn't help....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back