So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Jul 2, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #1,951 of 2,328
Thanks for the response Skylab. I just picked up the D2000 for $210 Shipped from Provantage. I don't mind the 2-3 Week wait others are experiencing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #1,952 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about in the speed department - how do the D2000s do with extremely fast/heavy metal?

IMO, it's terrific for the kind of metal I listen to (mostly classic metal, prog metal, and girl vox/opera goth metal).

Jul 2, 2008 at 5:43 PM Post #1,953 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMO, it's terrific for the kind of metal I listen to (mostly classic metal, prog metal, and girl vox/opera goth metal).

Ah. I use my 780s a lot for that sort of thing - Symphony X, Nightwish, etc - and they seem to do pretty well, although granted, I've never heard a set of D2000s. However, it keeps up perfectly (even with ungodly blast beats and the like), which is something that I've rarely ever heard.

I was actually considering the D2000s, but the "veil" held me back.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #1,955 of 2,328
Quote:

Ah. I use my 780s a lot for that sort of thing - Symphony X, Nightwish, etc - and they seem to do pretty well, although granted, I've never heard a set of D2000s. However, it keeps up perfectly (even with ungodly blast beats and the like), which is something that I've rarely ever heard.

I LOVE Nightwish
smily_headphones1.gif
I recall no "veil" with the Denons at ALL. That is a Sennheiser thing
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #1,956 of 2,328
The 780s are hard to beat for metal music, they can keep up perfectly with bands like Dimmu Borgir, Keep Of Kalessin, Immortal or Emperor.

The D2000 are also very good but at the end I bought the 780s because of their better isolation.

Sadly, I will probably sell my 780s in the next days because I don't use them anymore since I got my Edition 9.

Quote:

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #1,958 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my HFI-780 in the mail Out of the box they are amazing. MY Sonny Rollins CDs never sounded so good.

Lurking head-fi pays off. I had to sign up and say that.

Welcome. HeadFi has a way to make the pay-off sound like a wailing wallet too I'm afraid. Glad you're enjoying Sonny Rollins in the mean time.

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #1,959 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I LOVE Nightwish
smily_headphones1.gif
I recall no "veil" with the Denons at ALL. That is a Sennheiser thing
biggrin.gif

Holy crap. Really, really big d'oh right there. I never even thought "Hey, Denon, not Senn, it won't have the veil!"

I think I've gone and misplaced my brain somewhere....between thinking the D2000s were Sennheisers, and the voltage thing I PM'd you about....

I need to go run some diagnostics on meh brain.

Looks like I might be getting a set of D2000s in the future at some point. I remember distinctly saying I'd only be buying one set of headphones when I signed up here. I've already got 2, one more in the mail, an amp, and contemplating another set.
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 780s are hard to beat for metal music, they can keep up perfectly with bands like Dimmu Borgir, Keep Of Kalessin, Immortal or Emperor.

The D2000 are also very good but at the end I bought the 780s because of their better isolation.

Sadly, I will probably sell my 780s in the next days because I don't use them anymore since I got my Edition 9.

I doubt I'd use much if I could afford Edition 9s, lol.

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #1,962 of 2,328
Since we're on the topic, what's the primary difference between the D2000 and D5000, aside from price? Is the D5000 a superior version of the D2000?

Jul 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #1,964 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since we're on the topic, what's the primary difference between the D2000 and D5000, aside from price? Is the D5000 a superior version of the D2000?

At a minimum the cable in the D5000 is superior. I compared them side by side - very similar, but the D5000 does sound a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back