So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #1,369 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just visited the ALO site, and the 780 mods are no longer listed.

Anybody know why?

hmm maybe he got tired of making them? ask him btw you got your alo mod already right?

how they sounding?

Mine sound great now, I think they are burned in and anymore is just icing on the cake
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #1,373 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just visited the ALO site, and the 780 mods are no longer listed.

Anybody know why?

Usually that just means they are sold out for now, as I think he doesn't like to take backorders online, and will often still make something when he is emailed for it.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #1,374 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Usually that just means they are sold out for now, as I think he doesn't like to take backorders online, and will often still make something when he is emailed for it.

That's probably it -- besides, lots of peeps also saying they have the vampire-780's, and they were never even listed at ALO, as far as I know.
Or, maybe I missed seeing them, too, since I'm new to the ALO site.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #1,375 of 2,328
Got mine about 1 1/2 hrs ago and haven't stopped listening to them yet. Listening to Sonata Arctica right now, sounds great
biggrin.gif
Bass isn't as impactful as most people describe, but I guess it comes in after a few hours of burn in. Plus I'm only driving them from my iPod, wonder how they will sound from the M^3?

Mar 19, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #1,377 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine about 1 1/2 hrs ago and haven't stopped listening to them yet. Listening to Sonata Arctica right now, sounds great
biggrin.gif
Bass isn't as impactful as most people describe, but I guess it comes in after a few hours of burn in. Plus I'm only driving them from my iPod, wonder how they will sound from the M^3?

Yeah you are like me. I love bass impact. Even the 780 is not really TOTALLY enough for me, but it's great for long extended periods of time without bass impact fatigue.

Mar 19, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #1,379 of 2,328
On my 780's, the bass didn't get that "impact" everyone describes until maybe 70 hours into the burn-in. At 90 hours, the bass is getting slightly better. Still not overpowering and in-your-face (the way i like my home theaters), but it's definitely enough to keep me satisfied. especially from a pair of 250 dollar headphones.

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #1,380 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still prefer my stock PROline 2500 to the stock HFI-780. However I am not sure if the HFI-780 are fully burnt in at about 350 hours.
eek.gif
Or perhaps I am just crazy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

What is it you like better about the 2500?

Just a basic couple words -- no huge discourse -- just basically?

I'm trying to get a feel for how the 2500, 750, and the new 2200 compare as far as bass and highs, assuming that mids are similar volume?

Anyone that can say just a few basic words on these, as far as how they compare to the 780 (stock or modded) please do so?

I've already seen lots of comparos of the Edition 9 with the 780's, and how theEdition 9's are a little better -- but I wonder about these others that interest me, as a "can addict".
rolleyes.gif

Thanks to any replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back