So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Oct 22, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #2,206 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No that's poor marketing and time wasting; why target those of whom have already heard ultrasones... in order for the keyword to be used you have to know of them. So many companies wasting time and resources with the latest fad rather than working on a real marketing campaign and listening to there target audience like Entrepreneur Magazines 'Entrepreneur of the year' Skullcandy, they understand marketing and know what there target audio wants.

Twitter is internet texting, full of spam (which you pointed out) and you're limited to a few hundred letters. If said companies stopped wasting there time with these fads, answered there emails in a timely manner and were active on a few forums which in turn get indexed by google and the likes they would sell more headphones. Welcome to the Internet.

You assume they only follow their brand name, they probably are following all related terms such as #headphones #headsets and contacting people. And this is something 1 person from a company can monitor at their desk or phone. There is software like TweetDeck where notification pop up.

Why don't you try Twitter before you bash it because it seems you don't know much about it. For instance. You add people you want to follow. Well, I don't follow spammers. Next, they can't contact you directly unless you add them. Next, spammers can follow you, but they still can't send you a message, they can mention your name, but unless you are are following yourself would not know. And, you can block them and report them as spam. I am following people like Peter Frampton and Lenny Kravitz and several NFL and ex-NFL players and writers.

BTW, I have over $500 in headphone equipment. Never seen a Skull Candy ad, and from the packaging I've seen and where I have seen them sold (a tee shirt job on the boardwalk in NJ), assumed they are garbage. Their target audience must be 16 year olds who are clueless from what I have seen of their product packaging and placement. And looking at that award they were named that by an accounting firm and was for the state of Utah, not that impressive. I thought is was from Entrepreneur magazine or the one FedEx does. And here's an article where Newt Gingrich gave the same type award inadvertently to a **** industry exec. LOL Newt Gingrich Inadvertently Gives "Entrepreneur of the Year" Award To **** Executive | Crooks and Liars

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #2,207 of 2,328
I know all about twitter, I have to deal with it daily as I work on a lot of marketing campaigns and similar. You say it's easy to monitor twitter but isn't it as easy to respond to e-mails, answers phones and reply to subjects on a forum such as this?

How can you explain the likes of Ultrasone not understanding there target audience. Sennhesier scrambling to recover there loss of business by copying skullcandys line of cheap headphone and copy-cat 'design your own headphone' marketing campaign and lying to customers over using cheaper materials. And even Grado, being so out of touch with whats actually going on they spell head-fi ~ head-f1... AKG using the likes of DJ Tiesto to market there non-DJ headphone AKG K701... I could go on and on. The bottom line is if companies spent less time farting around with these new fads, which as demographics show is aimed at young adults (18-24) and actually spent some time understanding the INTERNET and who buys there headphones these companies wouldn't be struggling. The Sennhesier HD800 would be affordable for everyone, not a select few.

Oct 23, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #2,208 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know all about twitter, I have to deal with it daily as I work on a lot of marketing campaigns and similar. You say it's easy to monitor twitter but isn't it as easy to respond to e-mails, answers phones and reply to subjects on a forum such as this?

How can you explain the likes of Ultrasone not understanding there target audience. Sennhesier scrambling to recover there loss of business by copying skullcandys line of cheap headphone and copy-cat 'design your own headphone' marketing campaign and lying to customers over using cheaper materials. And even Grado, being so out of touch with whats actually going on they spell head-fi ~ head-f1... AKG using the likes of DJ Tiesto to market there non-DJ headphone AKG K701... I could go on and on. The bottom line is if companies spent less time farting around with these new fads, which as demographics show is aimed at young adults (18-24) and actually spent some time understanding the INTERNET and who buys there headphones these companies wouldn't be struggling. The Sennhesier HD800 would be affordable for everyone, not a select few.

Knowing about and using. 2 different things. Email is direct communication. With Twitter its like being able to see all the emails someone sends to everyone. Its like you overhear a conversation, and you join it. Can't do that with email.

I suggest you set up an account and use:

TweetDeck you can follow countless searchers and integrate facebook, etc

BTW, Myspace now has Twitter update boxes available.

and check out

twitterfeed.com : feed your blog to twitter

Tinychat | Home

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #2,209 of 2,328
Guess I'm getting old as I don't know a single person using Twitter, especially not on a regular basis. Well, honestly I never felt like a bird anyhow.

So, wasn't this supposed to be about the Ultrasone 780's or did I miss something there too?

Oct 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #2,211 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey All

Just a quick tip, if you are looking for super comfy ear pads, check out 840s earpads. They fit these babies perfectly. You get more isolation as well.

Well, I would careful with using the word "perfectly." The Shure earpads are a lot bigger than the Ultrasone earpads. I tried it, and found that the pads rotate too easily. However, it does have all the added benefits that you stated. Its a lot more comfier, and I actually found the sound quality to increase, since the treble got toned down and I somehow have cleaner bass.

Hopefully, the Shure SRH750DJs provide a better fit, since I really could not get over the fact that the Shure SRH840 pads would always rotate and feel unstable.

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #2,212 of 2,328
hi all
smile.gif
, im new and sory for my bad english
tongue_smile.gif
, i searching closed headphones with best bass in this price ( 750 PLN , 1 PLN = 3 dolars ) , i have Xonar essence ST ( sound card with GREAT headphones AMP ) but i think You know this soundcard
smile.gif
, i listen trance , electro , drum and bass etc. ) tracks for example : YouTube - Spitting Fury - Death Proof (Crystal Clear Remix) , YouTube - Melleefresh & Deadmau5 - Hey Baby (Original Mix) (real bass from 2 min.) , YouTube - What Will I Do ( Single Edit DRM ) - Julie Thompson , YouTube - Signum - Syndicate . I am simply basshead
very_evil_smiley.gif
, i think ultrasone 780 will be great for me
biggrin.gif

what do you think ?

Nov 1, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #2,219 of 2,328
Yeah for bassy music there the best I've heard... not great all-rounders, vocals are set back somewhat, warm sound signature but very very deep. And price is just wool over your eyes, if Sony sold it in a nicer box with a velvet cushion and replaced Extra Bass with Audiophile they could of targeted a different market with $300 headphones. I've said over and over again how the JVC RX700 sound better than stock Denon D2000s and they cost me $33...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back