So what's the word on the new Ultrasone HFI-780????
Oct 19, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #2,192 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How bright are these headphones? Do They fatigue the ears like Grados do?

The only fatigue you will have is from the headband. It's very tight. I am curious on how to loosen the headband. I have used mine for months and they are still tight, but I LOVE them. Solid bass, highs are not too bright.

Oct 19, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #2,193 of 2,328
Depending on your head, maybe. I never had this problem with my set.
The only thing that really annoys me is the pads. They're much better when they're fresh, softer and more comfortable. They don't stay like this for too long sadly.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #2,194 of 2,328
OK, just got a direct Tweet from Ultrasone about the clamp down these cans have. They said the top band has a metal inlay, take both hands on that top part and bend it out. Here is the Tweet:

you can bent the Headband to the outside (we are using a steal inlay) just take them on top with both hands and bent to the outside

That relieved much of the pressure. I love the sound these cans put out a definate 8-9. Comfort is now 7. Guess you can't have everything.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #2,195 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by lelek45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about lower midrange (that was absent) after burn-in? My pair still sounds bodyless, hollow in mids and treble is still killing my ears.

Maybe its your amp or source. Mine are full and rich as a Java Chip Frap from Starbucks lol.

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #2,196 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radical_53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on your head, maybe. I never had this problem with my set.
The only thing that really annoys me is the pads. They're much better when they're fresh, softer and more comfortable. They don't stay like this for too long sadly.

The only thing on mine that annoy me is the headband pad,I like the headphones but I don't know what i gonna do. I might get rid of them and get the headphones I wanted which are the Pro-750s.Just not sure how I gonna do that.

But that headband Pad making me want to get rid of them.I cant really mod any thing to make a headband pad don't have skills to do it.

Oct 20, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #2,197 of 2,328
I had problems with that too, just like with my previous Senn's. When they're adjusted just the right way, the problem disappears. If they're too loose or too tight though the headband comes into play and kills me.
One easy yet ghetto-looking fix would be to remove the pad and just use thicker stripes of Neoprene foam.
It's kinda sad that they don't sell any parts to customize the phone a bit, like softer/stiffer pads, real leather, Alcantara or something alike.
I'm comfortable with mine as overall I still love the sound, ergonomics were much better though when the pads were factory-fresh.

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #2,198 of 2,328
If you get Ultrasone into thinking you need a new headband for the edition 9 they might sell one to you, but it'll probably be like $100+. I don't know if they all share the same headband design though, but it seems very likely since it's the same shape. I took off the headband of my pro 900 and all it was was that strip of velour padding with sticky glue all over on the other side and the internal wiring going through the middle. If you can't order edition 9's headpad then you can at least order hfi-2400's orange pad or pro series pads Ultrasone Inc. - Accessories, Head pads, PRO

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM Post #2,199 of 2,328
I wonder will Sennisher HD headband pads fit on the HFI-780 headband.

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #2,200 of 2,328
Ultrasone has 2 accounts on Twitter that I know of that are very responsive to any questions. Ask!

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #2,201 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick1ru2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ultrasone has 2 accounts on Twitter that I know of that are very responsive to any questions. Ask!

Odd... if I owned a headphone company I would have active members on head-fi; considering if someone is contemplating a headphone purchase on google they end up here.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #2,202 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Odd... if I owned a headphone company I would have active members on head-fi; considering if someone is contemplating a headphone purchase on google they end up here.

That's pretty 2008. Everyone is jumping on Twitter, you can have back and forth conversations with ease and pick up what others write with an active search. I mentioned I was listening to my Ultrasones and almost immediately Ultrasone-AG started following me and sent me message about their new Edition 8 with a link. Then I asked about the 780 headset being tight and got an immediate answer. Later I mentioned my Grados, and guess who sent me a message and started to follow me. Companies, celebrities, your friends, are tweeting from their computers, and mobile devices. You should check it out. I suggest TweetDeck, its a free program that helps you keep track of all things you are interested and all the people you follow in Twitter. There are several mobile apps too. Welcome to 2009.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,203 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick1ru2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's pretty 2008. Everyone is jumping on Twitter, you can have back and forth conversations with ease and pick up what others write with an active search. I mentioned I was listening to my Ultrasones and almost immediately Ultrasone-AG started following me and sent me message about their new Edition 8 with a link. Then I asked about the 780 headset being tight and got an immediate answer. Later I mentioned my Grados, and guess who sent me a message and started to follow me. Companies, celebrities, your friends, are tweeting from their computers, and mobile devices. You should check it out. I suggest TweetDeck, its a free program that helps you keep track of all things you are interested and all the people you follow in Twitter. There are several mobile apps too. Welcome to 2009.

No that's poor marketing and time wasting; why target those of whom have already heard ultrasones... in order for the keyword to be used you have to know of them. So many companies wasting time and resources with the latest fad rather than working on a real marketing campaign and listening to there target audience like Entrepreneur Magazines 'Entrepreneur of the year' Skullcandy, they understand marketing and know what there target audio wants.

Twitter is internet texting, full of spam (which you pointed out) and you're limited to a few hundred letters. If said companies stopped wasting there time with these fads, answered there emails in a timely manner and were active on a few forums which in turn get indexed by google and the likes they would sell more headphones. Welcome to the Internet.

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2,204 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No that's poor marketing and time wasting; why target those of whom have already heard ultrasones... in order for the keyword to be used you have to know of them. So many companies wasting time and resources with the latest fad rather than working on a real marketing campaign and listening to there target audience like Entrepreneur Magazines 'Entrepreneur of the year' Skullcandy, they understand marketing and know what there target audio wants.

Twitter is internet texting, full of spam (which you pointed out) and you're limited to a few hundred letters. If said companies stopped wasting there time with these fads, answered there emails in a timely manner and were active on a few forums which in turn get indexed by google and the likes they would sell more headphones. Welcome to the Internet.

Agree with you 99% in terms of marketing. However I wouldn't go so far as to call it time wasting. Twitter is a great place for companies to get feedback about their product. If I was Ultrasone or Grado I'd definitely check twitter to see what people are saying about my products. Probably not the best money spent in terms of advertising but a great resource nonetheless.

Oct 22, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #2,205 of 2,328
Quote:

Originally Posted by dunski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree with you 99% in terms of marketing. However I wouldn't go so far as to call it time wasting. Twitter is a great place for companies to get feedback about their product. If I was Ultrasone or Grado I'd definitely check twitter to see what people are saying about my products. Probably not the best money spent in terms of advertising but a great resource nonetheless.

Exactly. And they are working on the spam. Check this out, 1/5 of Internet users are on Twitter. You want to talk to people, this is the way. The limit of 140 characters serves a purpose, get to the point. Its like when you talk to someone, you say a couple of sentences to someone, they reply.

I joined to get CDC updates, then started looking to see who else was on it.

They have integrated apps, you can see where someone is in a video chat, click on their message and join. Photo sharing is easy. You can link an rss feed to your account and broadcast updates. I announce the music I listen too. I now have several bands all over the world following me.

This is the latest trend in Social Networking, it won't be the last.

One 5th of internet users are on Twitter : dBTechno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back