So What's the story with lurkers?
Jun 28, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #46 of 117
I just tend to be quiet.
icon10.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:44 PM Post #47 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
Translation from a Palm user since 1996's US Robotics Pilot:

Good point, I've been using my Palm, Graffiti really rocks!

Maybe it's my accent
icon10.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #49 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmwpsu
since i'm a prototypical lurker, maybe i'll try and shed some insight. i don't feel intimidated about posting, and the people on this board can be genneraly very helpful. it's just that i come here for the information, not really for the discussion. i usually spend about half an hour a day on average reading over headfi, but that's just to keep up on the latest products and to read new comparisons. every once in a great while i'll post, when i'm feeling chatty or i have something that i absolutely need to add to the thread, but typically anything that i would have wanted to add to the dicussion had already been brought up by at least one person. since i'm lazy and don't want to be redundant with a mee too post.. i just go on to the next thread.

This post relates my feelings about lurking.

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #50 of 117
I guess during the first few months when I first joined I was a lurker. Didn't have much audio gear nor experience to contribute to the forums and didn't want to sound like an @ss talking about something I really didn't know much about. Did more reading during the first few months of my membership to gain some knowledge so that I could contribute something useful to the discussions. As time progressed with more knowledge gained and more audio gear in my possesion, I became more comfortable in participating in the various forums.

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #51 of 117
Well I have been a lurker since around 2001 at headwize and then I moved over to this forum to be a lurker and it’s been fun. I post only when I feel that my opinion is needed because through the years I think I had around 20 different combos I have used and some of them are pretty unique like when I was one of the first people to get a pair of E5c's back in early 2003. For the most part I don't mind just reading here or there but I am pretty happy with what I got and am not looking for upgrades. I also could not imagine posting in the 1,000s as that is a ton of work making sure things are exactly how you want to say them over and over again.

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:45 PM Post #52 of 117
Lurkers know if they say something they will be 110% wrong....

That is the reason why I am in the background most of the time...

But you guys pulled me out into the open...again...

Am I wrong? Of course, by definitiion. Am I not a lurker?

Now I don't know anymore?????

Jun 29, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #54 of 117
I've been lurking here for a couple of months, and I write a few posts, but mostly I'm pretty silent. The reason is pretty obvious: I don't really know enough to comment. I only know the headphones that I already own, so I'm not qualified to comment on the rest. The only place that I really post any comments is the music section.

I find headfi to be a very informative and generally friendly place to find info on headphones, general stereo equipment and music. I'll continue to lurk until I have something informed to contribute. My wallet thinks I should stop lurking so much though...
rolleyes.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #55 of 117
As a long time lurker at headwiz and here, let me just say on behalf of all lurkers here that .................................. ummm, right. That about sums it up for me.

Jun 29, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #56 of 117
I've joined the ranks of the lurkers as of late mainly because I just ran out of different ways to answer the same questions. Head-Fi's is an awesome audio forum with wealth of information on headphone related gear in the archives, and whenever I'm interested in finding out about something I just use the search function. Although I still like to chime in from time to time to share what knowledge I have, and to ask a few questions about some of the newer products that come on the market.

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 117
I used to have lots more to say then I do now. That's because I've heard lots of gear, I now use some of the best gear, and I've already gone to several meets. My interest in gear has declined, while it's now mostly in music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back