So What's the story with lurkers?
Jun 30, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #77 of 117
The reason is simple:

We're competing for the prize given to the person that has the lowest number of posts per day of all active members.

Now to lurk for another fifty days in order to make up for this post ;p

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #78 of 117
Oh you guys, you're just trying to get me to post.
tongue.gif

DOH! I just posted!
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #82 of 117
I lurk daily! It's usually nice here. I've learned a lot and spent enough to be a real head-fier!

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #83 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChenaynayC
I lurk daily! It's usually nice here. I've learned a lot and spent enough to be a real head-fier!

You are a member here. You ARE a head fier. To be a head-fier is not judged on how much you spend but rather the love of headphones regardless of price.

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:12 AM Post #84 of 117
There should be a special member "label" for those long-time lurkers with post counts below 100 and join dates in 2001 or 2002.

Especially when they come out of nowhere with these funny and witty posts.

How about "Lurkerous Supremus?"

Jul 2, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #87 of 117
I lurk because I kill threads. I notice this happening far too often for it to be merely coincedence. I hope this thread is an exception. Also, I've learned all I wanted to learn. Researched and bought some OK phones, discovered that my CDP is crap, and now I know what to buy if there's some extra money burning holes in my pocketses. I can add nothing to most conversations, my only experience being with the Etys, and there the only thing to say is "You're not getting a good seal", which has usually been said by numerous people before me.

Edit: 100th post! There goes my "Lurkerous Supremous"

Guess I'm not really a lurker anymore. *shrugs*

More editing: It's not just on Head-Fi that I lurk, but all the forums I've ever been to. Whoever said it was a reflection of their real-life self was right. I don't like to talk to strange people in the Real World. Not saying that y'all are strangers, but you are, in a way...

Jul 2, 2005 at 12:09 PM Post #88 of 117
Well, the main reason I don’t post as often about equipment as I used too is because the quality of membership here has dropped so dramatically that there are times I look at Head-Fi as a joke.

Jul 2, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #90 of 117
I would consider myself a lurker cuz i dont post to often but i am on here alot.

Reasons For Lurking:

1. I dont like reposting waht someone else has already said
2. Most people can seach ther qestions and get their answers
3. I dotn read alot of threads outside of the Lounge, cuz most of the questions in the other fourms are the same as the one before them.
4. Im just not a good typer, and make alot of mistakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back