So, what are the best earphones I can get for under $200 ?
Sep 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 48

Quote:
Sorry to ask but, what is unamped performance? Is isolation like noise cancelling? and what exactly is detail and texture vs. impact and rumble? (Sorry, not an audiophile, as you can tell.)

Unamped performance is the performance of the phones straight from the digital player's jack, without using an amplifier in between. Isolation is indeed noise canceling. A good sound glossary can be found here : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #17 of 48
Isolation does not matter to much, if it has some than that is nice but not needed. 
Needs to be as good as possible without amplification, as I do not plan on buying or using one. (Anytime soon anyways)
And as for sound, not too sure lol I just know I want high quality and deep, boom(ish?) bass.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #18 of 48

Quote:
Isolation does not matter to much, if it has some than that is nice but not needed. 
Needs to be as good as possible without amplification, as I do not plan on buying or using one. (Anytime soon anyways)
And as for sound, not too sure lol I just know I want high quality and deep, boom(ish?) bass.

if you want boomy(ish) bass, then might I suggest the klipsch s4s? they cost around $70 so they're a good starting point to pinpoint exactly what you want, also, many headfiers have used these at one point

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 48
+1 the ddm found out yesterday I enjoyed them more than the coppers and the mds

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #22 of 48

Quote:

For the money value DDM is best for me and my musical preferences. Of course there are many options which you should look and as someone already mentioned here, read the reviews and comparison threads and this will help you make a decision.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #23 of 48

Quote:

Deep boom(ish) base: DDM, Hippo VB, IE8

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #24 of 48
Would you recommend buying refurbished products? Because that is the only way I am going to be able to buy the IE8s, as they are 400 dollars new and 200 refurbished. 
But I think right now, it is down to the DDM's and the IE8s, unless there are other better suggestsions.

Sep 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #25 of 48

Quote:
Would you recommend buying refurbished products? Because that is the only way I am going to be able to buy the IE8s, as they are 400 dollars new and 200 refurbished. 
But I think right now, it is down to the DDM's and the IE8s, unless there are other better suggestsions.

Refurbished? Depending if it is not fake product. Be aware there are many fake IE8 out there. Just read the thread on Head-fi about fake IE8.

P.S. what is wrong with ebay, why don't you want to purchase through ebay? you can get a used IE8 perhaps and save up..

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 48
Sep 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #27 of 48

Quote:
Refurbished? Depending if it is not fake product. Be aware there are many fake IE8 out there. Just read the thread on Head-fi about fake IE8.

P.S. what is wrong with ebay, why don't you want to purchase through ebay? you can get a used IE8 perhaps and save up..

No, I've bought from him before and it's in a legitimate factory refurbished Sennheiser bag with all the accessories. I've been extensively testing the IE6s that I ordered for a family member, and they definitely cannot be fake.

As for venalitious's post. I HIGHLY recommend refurb'd if from Sennheiser. If I received the package in a regular box, I could not have told they were refurbished at all. IMO I don't trust eBay when it comes to this. I know there are legit sellers out there, but I like to shop over Amazon.

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 48

Quote:

Check the seller, if he is an authorized Sennheiser reseller go ahead and buy them, if not, don't risk it.

Quote:

Just because it's used doesn't mean it's original. If the owner can provide a receipt from an authorized reseller , that's another story.

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #29 of 48

Quote:

Check the seller, if he is an authorized Sennheiser reseller go ahead and buy them, if not, don't risk it.

Just because it's used doesn't mean it's original. If the owner can provide a receipt from an authorized reseller , that's another story.

Sweet! Checked my guy out just a little deeper. For 180, I bought some Sennheiser IE8s because I couldn't afford any of its competitors (and also since I love the Sennheiser signature sound). He's an authorized Sennheiser dealer and from what I got with my IE6s, he also gives full refurbished Sennheiser warranty (1 year I believe?)!

Sep 14, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #30 of 48
@OP, give ClieOS's thread a look --> [FYI] Basic Guide to In-Ear-Canalphones

it's quite useful, it really should be stickied just like in old forums
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back