So...Remember Fanny Wang...?
Dec 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #91 of 129
They are...it's glossy cheap looking plastic too, but they're sturdy...or so it seems. I lightly stressed the common breaking point of the Solos and they didn't break a sweat. And they sound decent too. Better than I thought. Bit of a V curve, have a few timbre issues, won't really comment too much about the sound until I get used to them. They're way better than the Solos at least.
The pads are kinda cheap feeling. The red looks a bit too...fabulous for me though.

Dec 31, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #94 of 129
Fresh out of the box, maybe. Definitely yes compared to the Solos, and remember what these are. These are meant to be fashionable portable headphones. They're definitely not a headphone I'd want to live with as my only one for the rest of my life, since they're so...boring. The mids are recessed and a bit muffled, to a minor degree. About a couple decibels, nothing too bad. The bass can get uncontrolled once in a while, but it knows when to take a step back, and doesn't really muddle the mids up, and a bit textured at that. Highs are colored, and...I don't like them too much, but I'm incredibly picky about highs. Vocals sound a bit off. Probably just the slightly recessed mids make me think that way. Timbre, like I've said, needs work, along with tone. Detail is surprisingly decent. Again, this is out of the box and can change quickly, maybe. And remember what these are. Don't you go comparing these to your M50s or your Shures, these are different. You try putting an M50 in your pocket. Compare them to an MS300, HD25, and such. I kinda want a TMA-1 to compare these with, since they seem to have a similar sound. Any nice souls here wanna lend me one? :)

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #97 of 129
Is there any reason to buy these over any other headphones in the price range? I've been thinking of a decent portable.

You don't look like a doofus/stick out too much? I dunno, in the price range in general, other than that, not too much except that they're decent all arounders, they're actually kinda comfy, they have a sound that you don't inherently pick out flaws and you can just relax. But even then, I prefer them over the DT770 pros, the M50 (I may or may not be alone in this, but they're just way too hyped and didn't sound as good as I expected when I auditoned them. I'd say they're basically equal with different flaws. The M50 and Wangs both have a frequency balance I rather dislike. M50s just sounded uncoordinated, if that makes sense. The frequencies just didn't mesh well to my ears and sounded weird. The Wangs have a small onstage.), and the AT A series. I haven't heard the Shures yet. The HD25 has a different sound sig. These are relaxed in comparison with bigger bass. Haven't heard the ESW9 or TMA or Phiatons. These just have a nice cohesive sound to my ears, but the treble can be a bit harsh at times.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #98 of 129
Found the mids. It's the pads that hold them back...need to make some nicer pads for these.

Jan 1, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #99 of 129
Haha, I love their descriptions of Fanny Wang:

"Who is Fanny Wang? Fanny is an iconic representation of the merging of technology and fashion. No where is this more prevalent than the big cities in China where fashion trends are emerging as fast as NYC or LA. Is Fanny real? In our minds, yes. But she's best thought of as a sexy Betty Crocker. Iconic, Strong."

"Fanny Wang.  The Diva from the Far East.  She's more than just a pretty face.  She's brining headphones to America that will take your sensory experience to the next level.  Supreme Style.  Superior Sound."

Sexy Betty Crocker is "brining" headphones to America!!!

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #100 of 129

Quote:
Quote:
Is there any reason to buy these over any other headphones in the price range? I've been thinking of a decent portable.

You don't look like a doofus/stick out too much? I dunno, in the price range in general, other than that, not too much except that they're decent all arounders, they're actually kinda comfy, they have a sound that you don't inherently pick out flaws and you can just relax. But even then, I prefer them over the DT770 pros, the M50 (I may or may not be alone in this, but they're just way too hyped and didn't sound as good as I expected when I auditoned them. I'd say they're basically equal with different flaws. The M50 and Wangs both have a frequency balance I rather dislike. M50s just sounded uncoordinated, if that makes sense. The frequencies just didn't mesh well to my ears and sounded weird. The Wangs have a small onstage.), and the AT A series. I haven't heard the Shures yet. The HD25 has a different sound sig. These are relaxed in comparison with bigger bass. Haven't heard the ESW9 or TMA or Phiatons. These just have a nice cohesive sound to my ears, but the treble can be a bit harsh at times.

On their youtube video, their sound engineer said that they made it sound like the D1100?

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #101 of 129
Quote:
Quote:

On their youtube video, their sound engineer said that they made it sound like the D1100?

Haven't heard them, but if this is what they sound like, people really must overexaggerate. These aren't that much bassier than my Coppers.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #102 of 129

Quote:
Are they your's??! I'm surprised they didn't really stick to the pictures online... I was thinking they wouldn't look plastic on the outside... But they look extremely plasticy....

Quote:

I'll leave you guys with that.
wink_face.gif

what's with the.."ripples"...

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #103 of 129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back