So...Remember Fanny Wang...?
Dec 24, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #61 of 129
Well, I just read Fanny Wang's response to the Monster lawsuit, and I'm starting to respect them more. The thing I found the funniest in the letter though, is that FW is marketing toward women (Really? Who uses beautiful girls, i mean, girlz, to attract women?)

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #62 of 129
I haven't heard the FWs but I'm siding with them too. Anything to give Monster a taste of their own medicine.

I actually saw these Shures before and thought they looked exactly like Beats. Why not sue them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno if the Shure 240 came out before/after the Beats, but they are VERY similar themselves...

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #66 of 129

Quote:
Well, I just read Fanny Wang's response to the Monster lawsuit, and I'm starting to respect them more. The thing I found the funniest in the letter though, is that FW is marketing toward women (Really? Who uses beautiful girls, i mean, girlz, to attract women?)

Every women's apparel/body care/makeup company in existence. 
biggrin.gif

I agree, though. I can't see it working with headphones.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #67 of 129
Wow. I'm reading through their response letter and, well, they've got my support. I hope this lawsuit is either dismissed or Fanny Wang comes out on top. I won't deny the aesthetic similarities to the Beats (I'm sure Fanny Wang doesn't either) but Monster's actions here are just reprehensible.

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #68 of 129

Quote:
I haven't heard the FWs but I'm siding with them too. Anything to give Monster a taste of their own medicine.

I actually saw these Shures before and thought they looked exactly like Beats. Why not sue them too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno if the Shure 240 came out before/after the Beats, but they are VERY similar themselves...

I'm finding it really hard not to let my own prejudice against companies like Monster sway my judgment. Their litigation history doesn't help. Two of my biggest pet peeves are ignorance and stupidity, but frivolous litigation is definitely in the top ten. Plus, I think we all have to admit there's something in us that makes us want to root for the little guy, even if the case is kind of...well, the things really do look just like Beats. The objective side of me is still watching all this with great interest.

And I agree. Those Shures look a lot like the Beats, too. Except better, because they say "Shure" on them. 
wink.gif

EDIT: What a flattering picture of that SRH240. The shots on HeadRoom make them look much worse. Even the design looks slightly different.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #71 of 129
Bully to Fanny Wang for that response.  

I think their headphones are ugly, and from the little description of their sound sig, completely unappealing. I think i'll buy a pair if they'll let me score one factory-direct.  

Can't help but feel that the response is a little cocky though. Fair argument, just, I don't know, David didn't taunt Goliath, he just killed him.  And i get the feeling FW is about to get squashed, anyway... 

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #72 of 129

Quote:

Quote:

probably to some asian web designer who isn't all too good at english... (they are a company based in asia right?)

They're based in Danville, CA.....

...>_> either the american public school system has gone down the gutter, or they found the wrong people to outsource

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #74 of 129
LOL After going to public schools in California all my life, I know this much: If I have kids, they are NOT going to public schools. Unless it's UC, but only if they can't get into a top private U

Quote:
Quote:

They're based in Danville, CA.....

...>_> either the american public school system has gone down the gutter, or they found the wrong people to outsource

Dec 26, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #75 of 129
Quote:
Monster’s complaint is based on photos and descriptions on Fanny Wang’s website. It notes that Fanny Wang boasts of relying on the same sound engineer in China who worked on the Beats headphones. “Due to his position, the engineer may have been privy to various specifications, technology and other information plaintiffs had deemed confidential information,” the complaint states,” warning that further investigation may result in additional claims against Fanny Wang or the engineer.

Hickman says his company stumbled on the same engineer in China, who now works for a different contractor than the one who manufactures Beats headphones. But he says Fanny Wang took great pains to differentiate the physical shape and audio attributes of its headphones; they have what Hickman calls an “aggressive” wave-like pattern in the main piece of plastic, for example, compared to a smooth finish on the Beats models. “There is not a single part that is similar and it is not by accident,” he says.

from the passage above, it should sound pretty similar to the Beats.. but i cant believe they boldy publicize that they copied the Beats and rebadge it and directly competing with the Beats :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back