So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
Nov 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #346 of 930
Damn that section before the battery cover starts on the DX50 needs about 15mm so the 19mm strip will cover it. I need it because I carry around a spare battery. 
So do I. Get a silicone case and all your problems are solved.

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #349 of 930
Testing Quickstep with old 9v battery I found from cabinets. Sound pretty fukken awesome with Grado SR-80.

So much more space! Now I just have to figure out how to pack and carry it:)

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #350 of 930
So do I. Get a silicone case and all your problems are solved.

Waiting for that silicon case from iBasso. DualLock on silicon case is not going to be an easy solution either. If the silicon is soft and the amp is heavy, like the pico power for example, the Dual lock will stretch the case and it will bow. The dual lock will work best on a hard surface like a hard case or the dx50 back panel. I know that we are only going to use it for simple transport without an amp but for me I want to carry the amp with the DX50 so the silicon case is not a complete solution.

I am going to use my exacto knife to cut the strip precisely and cleanly. :)

So now we changed the thread from "So I'm looking for that perfect amp" to "So I'm looking for that perfect harness" :D

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #351 of 930
  Soren,

Is your dual lock low profile?. It also looks thinner (less wide) than mine, did you have to cut it?

Tom

Yep, it's low profile, 25mm wide and then I cut it to make slimmer strips:

(The third strip at the top is for the R1 amp)

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #352 of 930
Yep, it's low profile, 25mm wide and then I cut it to make slimmer strips:

(The third strip at the top is for the R1 amp)
looks good ill try that

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #353 of 930
  Testing Quickstep with old 9v battery I found from cabinets. Sound pretty fukken awesome with Grado SR-80.

So much more space! Now I just have to figure out how to pack and carry it:)

I've ordered Quickstep yesterday and it should arrive in 5-6 days. I'ts going to be with basic battery.
I wonder if changing the battery to other, effect the sound of amp ( quickstep ).

Also i'll have the same problem Mihis - how to carry out that amp + source ( dx 50 on my side ).
Perhaps there is some cool bag.. somewhere.

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #354 of 930

I've ordered Quickstep yesterday and it should arrive in 5-6 days. I'ts going to be with basic battery.
I wonder if changing the battery to other, effect the sound of amp ( quickstep ).

Also i'll have the same problem Mihis - how to carry out that amp + source ( dx 50 on my side ).

At the back of my image you can actually see a LowePro Tahoe 30 hiding. Perfect fit 
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #355 of 930

To what country is it being shipped? I'm curious because my package should have arrived yesterday, or the day before that.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #357 of 930
  To what country is it being shipped? I'm curious because my package should have arrived yesterday, or the day before that.

Oh,  I guess there is some kind of delay. I hope that it will arrive pretty soon and everything is going to be fine. Its the cheapest regular postal service, so I wouldn't be worried yet. Let me know when it arrives Marley.

About country - it's Poland and.. pretty close to Germany. Jan told me that it will take about  4-6 days. In my country regular package's goes usually 3-4 days. And that one is international.

Delivery by regular postal services to Poland normally takes 4..6 days. Please send me a note as soon as the parcel has arrived. " - Jan .

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #358 of 930
  Oh,  I guess there is some kind of delay. I hope that it will arrive pretty soon and everything is going to be fine. Its the cheapest regular postal service, so I wouldn't be worried yet. Let me know when it arrives Marley.

About country - it's Poland and.. pretty close to Germany. Jan told me that it will take about  4-6 days. In my country regular package's goes usually 3-4 days. And that one is international.

Delivery by regular postal services to Poland normally takes 4..6 days. Please send me a note as soon as the parcel has arrived. " - Jan .

Oh ok, thanks. I appreciate that we don't have to pay for the shipment, but I'd rather pay a little to get a tracking code, and a lot less stress.
Jan told me that the package usually takes 3-4 days to be delivered in the netherlands. This is day 6, could even be day 7 if you count the day of shipment. But the weather has been pretty crapty so that could've delayed the delivery.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #359 of 930
By the way, I love that this thread has gotten a life of its own, helping others hunt down that elusive perfect stack 
beerchug.gif

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #360 of 930
  By the way, I love that this thread has gotten a life of its own, helping others hunt down that elusive perfect stack 
beerchug.gif

Thanks to you Soren. You made me think about a bag also. I was thinking perhaps a Lowepro Portland 30, should fit my DX50 PB2 stack with the interconnects attached, anything else to look out for?

http://store.lowepro.com/portland-30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back