So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
Mar 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #901 of 930
  No the Duet is just a pure amp...it wont take the digital signal from an iDevice as there is no DAC. The Theorem 720 is a DAC / AMP combo that can be used with iDevices.

Oh ok mate, I guess I will have to check its specs now
happy_face1.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #902 of 930
Just a smidge, yeah... I'm more than happy with the PB2, but maybe the Duet would fit the needs of some of the other guys on this thread :smile:

The pb2 is a great choice to, I'm just partial to the Duet due to the low sound floor and the fact it stacks perfectly with the CLAS and an iPod.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #903 of 930
Oh ok mate, I guess I will have to check its specs now :happy_face1:

It's a great piece of hardware, my only critique is that it only uses 60-70% of the volume pot, but that's being awfully nitpicky

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #905 of 930

I was actually interested more in Theorem 720 but hiss with most ciems ruined it for me
frown.gif

I looked at both the Theorem and The Duet and decided against both as you need a DAC with the Duet and the hiss with IEM's on the Theorem....so in the end I have ended up with a Centrance HiFi M8.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #906 of 930
  I looked at both the Theorem and The Duet and decided against both as you need a DAC with the Duet and the hiss with IEM's on the Theorem....so in the end I have ended up with a Centrance HiFi M8.

lol
happy_face1.gif
If Mr Goodman could add coax input to it, I would order without blinking my eye but he forgot M8 and promised updates. He focuses on new things now so it pushed me away from the product a bit honestly. There will be new things always so I decided to wait since I am not in hurry.

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #907 of 930
I sold My M8.  Did not like the sound signature...at least with the TH900.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #908 of 930
The pb2 is a great choice to, I'm just partial to the Duet due to the low sound floor and the fact it stacks perfectly with the CLAS and an iPod.

Whereas I am partial to the PB2 due to the low noise floor and the fact that is stacks perfectly with the DX50/DX90 
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #910 of 930
Having sold my DX50 a while ago.....I decided recently I missed it too much and so just picked myself another one up second hand along with on of the new 128Gb Micro SD Cards :)

I want to pair this with an amp as it will be mainly used at home or at work, but I am torn between two choices and not sure which way to go. my options are:

iBasso PB2 - just not sure about the balanced connector they use..or how easy they are to get if I decide to DIY a cable.

AlgoRhythm Duet - obviously utilising the RSA/ALO balanced output may mean it would be easier to obtain second hand cables.

In either event they will be used with my AUD-8X CIEMs and Sennheiser HD600 either SE or Balanced

A lot of people here seem to have decided on the PB2....any specific reasons for this?

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #911 of 930
I want to pair this with an amp as it will be mainly used at home or at work, but I am torn between two choices and not sure which way to go. my options are:

iBasso PB2 - just not sure about the balanced connector they use..or how easy they are to get if I decide to DIY a cable.

The balanced connector is easy to source, some custom cables offer it as optional connector. I bought the connector from Farnell/RS Component online and re-terminated the SE535 custom cable in about 20 minutes. Most time spent to identify the 8 core cable for L+ L- R+ R- (my second DIY of hirose connector, 1st DIY was on XLR to hirose, though 4 cores but took more time to locate the pin number and try to figure out on how to take the inner part out from the outer housing).
However, listening at single ended already very good.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #912 of 930

A lot of people here seem to have decided on the PB2....any specific reasons for this?

Get your Hirose fix straight from Ibasso: http://ibasso.com/en/products/show.asp?ID=59 $10 and there's a pinout diagram right there 
smile.gif

As for the popularity of the PB2 I'm guessing price and the fact that you can roll opamps and tweak the sound just the way you like it. At least those were the reasons why I bought one.

May 6, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #913 of 930
Thanks for the comments guys.....I've actually pulled the trigger on a CypherLabs Algorhythm Duet which should hopefully arrive early next week.....just in time for a 4 day trip I have planned :)

May 6, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #914 of 930
Thanks for the comments guys.....I've actually pulled the trigger on a CypherLabs Algorhythm Duet which should hopefully arrive early next week.....just in time for a 4 day trip I have planned :)

I have also big hopes for Duet honestly, maybe later on when I save a bit more, I might try it. Congrats on your purchase btw
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back