So how do you like the Zune 80?
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:24 AM Post #166 of 177
These comments on SQ are wetting my appetite!

I stopped by my local Best Buy to see the Zune 80. I figured I could use the WiFi feature on the Zunes to pull an mp3 off my Zune 30 onto the store's Zune 80 (or vice versa), then be able to compare how the two devices sound against each other with the same mp3 and 'phones.

The store didn't have a Zune 80, though, and Best Buy doesn't have the Zune 80 on it's website. ??? Maybe I will have to check out a Circuit City or J&R Music (a New York City electronics store).

Dec 12, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #167 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turnaround /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These comments on SQ are wetting my appetite!

I stopped by my local Best Buy to see the Zune 80. I figured I could use the WiFi feature on the Zunes to pull an mp3 off my Zune 30 onto the store's Zune 80 (or vice versa), then be able to compare how the two devices sound against each other with the same mp3 and 'phones.

The store didn't have a Zune 80, though, and Best Buy doesn't have the Zune 80 on it's website. ??? Maybe I will have to check out a Circuit City or J&R Music (a New York City electronics store).

Circuit City has some in stock now online. They also have a $20 Gift Card with purchase and free shipping. I bought a second Zune 80 as a gift.

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #169 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by ptaaty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Circuit City has some in stock now online. They also have a $20 Gift Card with purchase and free shipping. I bought a second Zune 80 as a gift.

I wonder if they will let you do the deal and select "pickup at store"?

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #170 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if they will let you do the deal and select "pickup at store"?

I just tried it and it would let me for my area.

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #172 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by vulc4n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I'm going to have to go buy a Zune 80 now that they are readily available. I love the Zune 8, but it just doesn't have enough space.

Local Target had 5 in stock last night....seems the shortage is over, at least for now!

Dec 18, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #173 of 177
I finally decided to take the plunge and buy the z80.
Overall I'm very impressed by its beautiful screen and nice thin design.

The sound quality is indeed excellent a noticeable difference between the z30 and the z80. i think the 30 can output a higher volume than the 80 but the 80 has much better sound separation and its worth the money.

With flat equalizer on z30, the 80 sounds clearer and more defined. The 80 is a step up from the 30 in my opinion.

Headphones used : Grado sr60, Ksc75, Px100

Stock buds sounded weak in bass, but not horrible.

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #174 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sound quality is indeed excellent a noticeable difference between the z30 and the z80. i think the 30 can output a higher volume than the 80 but the 80 has much better sound separation and its worth the money.

With flat equalizer on z30, the 80 sounds clearer and more defined. The 80 is a step up from the 30 in my opinion.

Good to hear. At least this zune thread had a happy ending, the other one is still debating Apple vs Microsoft!
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #175 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree. My exact feelings too. The radio is pretty nice too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #176 of 177
well, it arrived a day after i ordered it. too bad I cant use it. apparently it doesnt support xp64 operating system. What a gyp.
mad.gif

Anyone know how to make it work on xp64? any hacks or such...

would be much appreciated, i dont want to go through the hassle of sending it back, besides i would like to keep it, if it only would work.

Dec 30, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #177 of 177
Hey folks, first-time poster, long-time lurker/reader. I'll throw my hat into the ring here, and say that I love my experience with my Zune 30 (coming from iPod-land), and I'm planning on buying a Zune 80 soon. When Microsoft releases the Zune software for Mac OS X (or if the folks that write XNJB get the Zune working with it), then I'll be all over the 80. The lack of EQ doesn't bother me, as seems to be the sentiment here, since I don't like using it as is. I'm using mine with AKG K271 cans and V-Moda Vibes for on-the-go. Thanks to the original poster for the pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back