Snipping the cable off a Grado SR325 - Advisable?
Aug 8, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Single core cable is not a good idea, and make sure your heatshrink isn't the overly thick type (the thin transparent ones tend to be fine), because if you use either of the above you end up with a very stiff cable. Granted it's only an adaptor, but it does stretch to a foot long so pliability might be desirable.

I recommend Single Core, because it's hard to find a guy who will be willing to sell you anything but 500 meter roll of 3 or 4 core Coaxial in India 
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Grado makes a fantastic 1/4 to mini adapter.  Every headphone junkie should own one.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=grado+adapter&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13871035132899308972&sa=X&ei=gmE9TpPEG6PkiAKgoZTDBg&ved=0CCcQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

Yes, this is the best answer.  I love the Grado adapters.  The short length of cable ensures very little pressure will be applied to my device jack - as opposed to using those "barrel style" adapters.  I have 2 of these cables and they're worth every penny.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:

I recommend Single Core, because it's hard to find a guy who will be willing to sell you anything but 500 meter roll of 3 or 4 core Coaxial in India 
wink.gif

My apologies, I mistook Single-Core for Solid-Core.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back