Smyth Research Realiser A16
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #5,191 of 15,986
BTW, A user manual too would be great, right about now! And the Realiser Exchange site too needs to be woken from the dead!

Shipping is great already... At least some units (maybe too few units) get to be shipped before Brexit, which will save the Smyths some dough (maybe too little?), depending on how many go out of the door beforehand, of course. But let's make things as smooth as they can be from now on.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #5,192 of 15,986
The good news: the A16 is finally shipping.
The bad news: at the current rate of shipping I should receive my unit in 9-18 months(I’m backer #174). I also don’t know how also having to add my CanJam PRIR affects my place in the shipping queue.

Anyway, the impressions thread should finally be up and active in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #5,193 of 15,986
Great news, though to moderate the enthusiasm, 10-20 units per weeks means that it may take several months to ship it all...
If they start first with backers, I think I was around #200, it would mean 3 to 6 months !!
I don’t know how many units were preordered after the KS campaign, but if they don’t increase the pace after the first weeks, it may take over a year...
But well, already when the first lucky ones will get their units, a big step will have been made...

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #5,194 of 15,986
The good news: the A16 is finally shipping.
The bad news: at the current rate of shipping I should receive my unit in 9-18 months(I’m backer #174). I also don’t know how also having to add my CanJam PRIR affects my place in the shipping queue.

Anyway, the impressions thread should finally be up and active in 2-3 weeks.

10-20 per week. If it was 20 per week you would be looking at yours shipping in 9 weeks or so. If it’s 10 per week you’d be looking at 4 months.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #5,197 of 15,986
I got #34.

Unfortunately I have some important private matters (that will go on for a longer period) that prevent me from playing much with the product. :frowning2:
It's totally not important to me at the moment.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #5,198 of 15,986
This just keeps getting more and more ridiculous. WTH were they doing while waiting for Atmos certification and during the month after receiving it? Resting on their laurels? Why weren't they testing them while waiting for certification? In the worst-case scenario, as a pre-order buyer, I'm looking at several more months of waiting, and delivery after Brexit, with the added bonus of possible customs charges. I'm this close to cancelling my order and saying good riddance to the Smyths and their inept business practices.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #5,199 of 15,986
In the worst-case scenario, as a pre-order buyer, I'm looking at several more months of waiting,

Actually, as official pre-order and not Kickstarter we really should be first in line for shipping :wink:

/me awaits being murdered in his sleep :p

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #5,201 of 15,986
I pre-ordered as well. So it will be a while. But I will feel better once the first people here start reporting having received their A16's.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #5,203 of 15,986
Those were the one’s who supported them financially
Not that I disagree with shipping to kickstarter backers first, but please note that we pre-order customers also payed in advance a long time ago, and on average almost twice as much, So also we supported them financially.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #5,204 of 15,986
It would be _ very _ disappointing if they were not shipping their investors/Kickstarter backers first.

Those were the one’s who supported them financially and spread the word in the first place.
The fact that we're even having this discussion is disappointing. What on earth have they been doing for the past several months? In the February update they said "we have assembled and tested A16s ready for shipping". Did the Atmos certification really require them to re-test all their units from scratch? Were they just sitting around doing nothing while they waited for Dolby? So many questions, zero answers.

Aug 12, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #5,205 of 15,986
It would be _ very _ disappointing if they were not shipping their investors/Kickstarter backers first.

I was only stirring when I made the suggestion :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back