Sleek by 50 Cent, 2011 CES coverage
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #76 of 133
Also - these cans have Kleer Wireless - which might make them worth it if I can get some moderately decent gym-cans with wireless.

My Bluetooth Jaybirds are permanently shelved - I'll deal with the wires before going back to the craptacular sound of bluetooth cans....but Kleer might be a winner (if it works reliably).

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #77 of 133
Specs and info here: http://m.engadget.com/default/article.do?artUrl=http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/sleek-by-50-cent-platinum-headphones-announced-invites-beats-to/&category=classic&postPage=1

just from reading this article, they already look better then the beats

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #78 of 133

Quote:
This guy needs to get over the rapper thing and just realize that people on head-fi hate celebrity endorsed cans period.  I just hate celebtards.  They are all morons.  It's because they think all of us "regular" people need their input on what we should be doing with our lives.  A marketing blitz and celebrity to sell something.  Imagine that?  I hate hate HATE hype.  

Couldn't agree more.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #79 of 133

Quote:
Quote:
This guy needs to get over the rapper thing and just realize that people on head-fi hate celebrity endorsed cans period.  I just hate celebtards.  They are all morons.  It's because they think all of us "regular" people need their input on what we should be doing with our lives.  A marketing blitz and celebrity to sell something.  Imagine that?  I hate hate HATE hype.  

Couldn't agree more.

Quincy Jones ain't no celebretard - he's practically a legend.  I don't like that sort of music, but come on - let's give credit where it be due.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #80 of 133
These cans will most likely be fashsion over fuctionality , i bet more time and effort was put into how they look rather than how they sound, and you know your be paying at least £100 more than there worth just for 50cents name on them.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #82 of 133

Quote:
Quincy Jones ain't no celebretard - he's practically a legend.  I don't like that sort of music, but come on - let's give credit where it be due.

Agreed, I'm just against the concept of purchasing a headphone with some music artist's name on it (regardless of genre). They're just signing their name on a contract to throw even more on their already huge pile of money and probably have very little to do with the design of the product. Whoever tuned the Beats headphones has the worst high frequency hearing loss in the world.

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #83 of 133
Probably 1 very thin layer of carbon fiber glued over the plastic. It doesn't even have to be cured. It's a waste of money though, nobody who buys this headphone knows what carbon fiber is. They should have just used stickers.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #85 of 133

Anyone hear anything from AKG?  I'd love to see the k1000 they teased us with.

I popped onto the AKG site this morning. Same old, same old.

As for a bias against rappers, the Bieber and Lady Gaga endorsements haven't exactly been taken seriously around here, either.

To give a little credit, 50 Cent certainly has great marketing. He'll move a lot of product. Perhaps a product that doesn't sound very good, but if I were running a business, I'd do the same. He'll certainly move more product than anything with audiophile cred.

And, oddly, the proliferation of celebriphones will probably help us out. People are going to go online to find comparisons, reviews, etc. and stumble across Head-Fi. That should add some membership and help get the word out about what headphones actually have good sound quality.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #86 of 133

Quote:
I think there's some serious racism going on here.  Why can't this guy sponsor headphones?

They'd have to be audiophile quality, obviously.  Dwight Schrute is without a doubt the sort of guy who would have several thousand dollars of headphone gear in his apartment - a real reflection of the Head-Fi community!

We absolutely must petition Sennheiser to make Dwight Schrute cans.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #87 of 133
Probably 1 very thin layer of carbon fiber glued over the plastic. It doesn't even have to be cured. It's a waste of money though, nobody who buys this headphone knows what carbon fiber is. They should have just used stickers.

"military grade metals"

at least they will be durable lol

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #88 of 133

Quote:
They'd have to be audiophile quality, obviously.  Dwight Schrute is without a doubt the sort of guy who would have several thousand dollars of headphone gear in his apartment - a real reflection of the Head-Fi community!

+1

I was wondering earlier who else could endorse headphones. I think we've found our man right here.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #89 of 133

Quote:
Quote:
I think there's some serious racism going on here.  Why can't this guy sponsor headphones?

is that a calculator that has been reshelled in a lime green silicone custom molded...calculator holder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back