Sleek Audio SA7
Sep 6, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #16 of 40
I've been waiting for their SA6-R to come out as well, I still like my SA6 after 3yrs and hope they release some type of replacement in case something terrible happens.
its cables only last 8mo's average but at least they still supply those, at one time retailers and their store didn't have any in stock.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #18 of 40
Well 8mo's average is my heavy (6-12hrs daily) usage, I haven't broken any other headphone cable either but then again I haven't had another pair longer than the period I could return it.

Sep 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #21 of 40
I heard their CIEMs are of much better quality than their universal IEMs. Sleeks universal line just needs a boost in quality if they actually want some potential buyers in the future... Missing bass port, thrashed treble tips, low grade cable... Are you listening Sleek? I like the sound, but the quality is causing me to sell off my pair...

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #22 of 40
Well where the cable breaks on me is in the strain relief, so where it meets the (L/R) housing. IIRC there was a custom cable company that sold their own replaceable cables for various headphones for like 99USD and had an option for inquiring about others they hadn't offered... was thinking about looking into it but 19(S&H incld)? bucks every 8mo isn't bad, cheaper than a subscription for an MMO anyway.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #24 of 40
I talked with the french distributor of sleek audio and it seems the european distributor didn't have any communication with Sleek Audio USA since some weeks.

Sleek Audio has big problems with 50 cents partnership... And no one has any informations about Sleek...
50 cents broke the partnership because he wants to continue chinese production ($$$$$$$$$).

I want to buy SA7 too... but I think it's not a good idea to preorder it... in France, the price is 389€ => 500$...

PS : sorry for my bad english...

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #25 of 40
Rapper 50 Cent has sued his former business partner Sleek Audio LLC because of an unpaid $250,000 loan that he had lent to the company back in 2010, this according to The Miami Herald.  Fifty had initially partnered with Sleek Audio to develop his wireless headphones Sleek By 50.  He claims that once Sleek Audio reached $750,000 in revenue they would begin to pay back the loan.  
After trying to get the money back in March of this year, he terminated the contract with Sleek Audio in May. He is not only trying to get back the initial $250,000 but is also seeking $61,429 in interest.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #26 of 40
AFAIK Sleek was upset because 50 cent had signed the agreement and then backed out after taking the technology/design/dev work with him. If true, I think I'd be unhappy about repaying a loan to a business "partner" who stole from me...
Interesting to see how this all plays out-

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #27 of 40
I've heard what I'll call a rumor that Sleek may be making an announcement "soon" about the SA7.  No word on whether the announcement is good/bad/release date, etc... just that we should have some new information about the product in the next few weeks.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:
I am currently trying to get an sa6 as they are apparently a must try.

Three years ago, maybe. Not so much now. I wonder even SA7 is still relevant to the market now or not. At least not at its original price tag since competitions have stepped up quite a few notches since SA7 was announced. It is a whole new ball game now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back