Sleek Audio SA7 Impressions, and Discussion Thread!
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 185
Quote:
Anyone here have a W-1 accessory?

I bought the W1 for the SA6 as the normal cables were costing me a fortune to replace every few months (at 30 bucks a pop, including shipping) in addition to driving me slightly insane. The W1 lasted a year and a half, which at €100 was a lot better value.

The sound quality was excellent, if you could stand a very faint hiss. I'd definitely recommend them if you're into wireless but I prefer cables myself.

Feb 17, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #17 of 185
Quote:
The W1 lasted a year and a half, which at €100 was a lot better value.

The sound quality was excellent, if you could stand a very faint hiss. I'd definitely recommend them if you're into wireless but I prefer cables myself.

Hmm, they're making (or made?) new W-1's that have no hiss problems, and I bet better build quality. Also, you may be able to do something about those SA6's. I remember reading about a refund of sorts on their Facebook page..

Feb 17, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #18 of 185
We might never see W1 being re-marketed any more. Kleer (the wireless tech behind W1) is sold to another company a while ago which is not interested in hardware OEM but more interested in selling/licensing the chip/tech. That's why we haven't seen any new Kleer products for almost 2 years now, as it becomes way too exclusive and costly to implement Kleer.

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #19 of 185
Shame about that. Kleer was for me was one of the key selling points of Sleek products, it works well on my rs180.

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 185
I just got the SA7 not too long ago, and for me it is good but not perfect.  It is unusual in a sense that it is boosted on the highs even with the treble - ports.  However, since it is only $50 cheaper than the UE 900 and not sounding as good, I think most people will pick the UE over SA.

May 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #21 of 185
   Sadly it seems Sleek audio is so poorly managed that responding to emails and on line requests is below them. Getting replacement cables for my SA6's is increasingly difficult, if not impossible. At this point I wouldn't invest in a product that will soon be unsupported by a company that can not fulfill they're most basic rules of business. I feel for you SA7 owners, if they ever break, you will most likely be stuck without help. Honestly, any company that supports the likes of 50 cent, or Dr Dre etc (just to push a product at a mindless fan base), isn't a company I would waste my hard earned money on. I feel for 50 cent as he was taken advantage of, sad for him, I would put money on Sleek filing bankruptcy. Sleeks big claim to fame is a review from 2008, that in it's self is a sad but telling story of how this company performs.
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/02/review-sleek-au/
    BTW, does anyone know of other companies making upgrade cables, or just replacement cables with the same connectors as Sleek ?

May 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #22 of 185
Just an Update, I actually received a reply to one of my emails to sleek, I was a bit tough on them and the past performance of getting the SA6 improved cable to market. Bill Fransisco replied, and was gracious, but I think a bit put off by my criticism of his company. I only have a low opinion because of Sleeks complete lack of presence in these forums, if they have an excellent product with good support, it would show in enthusiastic reviews and a lot of interest, but sadly that isn't what we have seen since 2008. I advised him that the replacement cable issue is one that looms over they're core customer service, and movement in this area would greatly increase the communities interest in Sleek products. I even recommended that a DIY kit with the needed connectors would be a welcome product, as I would love to experiment with different cables and have more than a single poor cable as a choice. So I would say, the ball is in they're court, time to volley back a reply with some gusto and get some renewed interest in Sleek products.
   To be fair, I love my SA6's, not as much as my Grado Sr325i's, but for a portable setup the sound is excellent, I use comply foam tips, get excellent isolation at work. I have had mine for over 3 years now, and no quality issues other than 4 cables being purchased so far. I was buying them from B&H Photo for $16, but sadly they are no longer available, and paying 24.99 is a bit high, but reviewing the web site it appears there is a free shipping option ,Free USPS First Class Mail, so that helps a lot. I have 1 badly broken cable, another with wires hanging out, I am going to use these for parts and try and mod myself a new cable. If I have success I will post some pics on what I did.

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #24 of 185
The nozzle filter irks me.

They keep getting dislodged and stuck in my ears

Do what I do and switch to Comply Foam Tips and no more lose ports.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #25 of 185
Quote:
    BTW, does anyone know of other companies making upgrade cables, or just replacement cables with the same connectors as Sleek ?

Dennis at EACE is pretty handy at re-cabling. He did a good job on replacing the jack on my ATH-CK10 and I had a brief conversation with him about recabling my SA6 a few months back and he seemed positive about doing it. I had to bail on the project though when Bill Francisco from Sleek told me they were out of replacement monitors (one of mine is down) and he did not know when they would be back in stock. Seems like Sleek is a bit of a shambles these days.

http://eace.webs.com/

Jun 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #27 of 185
Are the T-PEOS H-200 cable connectors the same? If so, might be a good source as their are mic, regular cables and upgrade cables coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back