Sleek Audio SA7 Impressions, and Discussion Thread!
Jan 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #166 of 185

Interesting, because on the Sleek site, they only offer black or silver tips for the SA7 on the accessory page, but I received TWO pairs of silver tips, with different colour accents in the inside. Since I'm home now, it's difficult for me to tell which one is brighter, but I think the green tips sound more open and possibly emphasized upper mids. I do not remember what treble tips did what with the SA-6 unfortunately so I can't use that experience to assist me with these tips.

If I'm not mistaken, the silver ones with green interior come installed as stock.

I remember when I was evaluating the difference between treble ports I put on some songs from Adele (Set fire to the rain, Rolling in the deep) and Florence and the Machine (Dog days are over). The "plus treble" port made their vocals sound pretty agressive/harsh and ear-piercing. So I changed to "minus" and "neutral" and evaluated again until I found the one that was pleasant enough. In my case, I use the "neutral" ones.

Jun 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #168 of 185
Hopefully a pair will come by soon and there can be some updates/upgrades and overall impressions of a soon to be proud owner of the Sleek audios very own SA7's. 

It's a shame that nobody / hardly anyone has given these babies a chance.. Its such a unique design, and such a great value for what you pay against other competitors. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #169 of 185
SA7 are perfect. Was having mine for about couple of months. Sony Hybrids are the best tips for them and with no deep insertion. Sound quality is more interesting then on Westone 3,4, Etymotic ER4P, UE tripleFi10, Phonak112 etc. With a good powerful source they are really top-tiers.

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #170 of 185
  SA7 are perfect. Was having mine for about couple of months. Sony Hybrids are the best tips for them and with no deep insertion. Sound quality is more interesting then on Westone 3,4, Etymotic ER4P, UE tripleFi10, Phonak112 etc. With a good powerful source they are really top-tiers.

Dug mine out of the drawer the other day. They really are quite good.

Jun 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #171 of 185

How do they compare to the Shure SE535? Or the ones suggested here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629177/which-three-iems-covers-it-all That's another popular name along with the ones you've mentioned. I was thinking about getting an IEM. I'd want it for gaming and music. Something neutral, but with extension in the bass plus a little oomph. It would have to compare to my AKG Annies.

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #172 of 185
How do they compare to the Shure SE535? Or the ones suggested here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/629177/which-three-iems-covers-it-all That's another popular name along with the ones you've mentioned. I was thinking about getting an IEM. I'd want it for gaming and music. Something neutral, but with extension in the bass plus a little oomph. It would have to compare to my AKG Annies.

They will suit you.
SA7 more calm, not so aggressive like SE535, has much more better treble, also good soundstage and layering (even better). They are natural and melodic (fun) and sounds good even on iPod. (Very good with AK120, Ihifi960 and vintage CD-players)

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #173 of 185
  They will suit you.
SA7 more calm, not so aggressive like SE535, has much more better treble, also good soundstage and layering (even better). They are natural and melodic (fun) and sounds good even on iPod. (Very good with AK120, Ihifi960 and vintage CD-players)

Good to know. I was talking to a guy and he said the following: I've used the SE846 and K3003 and thought they didn't even come close to as good as full sized headphones that cost half the price. Lol.

Jun 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #175 of 185
I use an aftermarket bi-flange that I pick up from some $2 store with them, which gives me the best fit so far. You definitely want to play around with eartips as the stock isn't that good. I also stuffed some foam inside the treble port to mellow it out for my liking.

Jun 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #177 of 185
Acoustic modifications are what headphonia is all about. Simply swapping the DT770 pads for the DT880 ones reveals a weak, bass-less character. The adverse is true: suddenly, the DT880 are bass monsters. Many companies design great earphones but slave them to poor tips, which is a shame. 

Jun 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #178 of 185
I had trouble with the stock tips. Getting a decent fit required multiple attempts and patience, and they kept coming off in my ears. I'm now using Comply Whoomp! foam tips which fit perfectly on the SA7, and are a substantial improvement over the stock tips.

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #179 of 185
Was randomly browsing the sleek audio website when I realised they've released a new cable that promises to be more robust and it is also terminated with a 90 degree plug. Looking at their Facebook it seems to have been released around May. Nobody seems to have posted about the new cable being released so I thought I would. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #180 of 185
  Was randomly browsing the sleek audio website when I realised they've released a new cable that promises to be more robust and it is also terminated with a 90 degree plug. Looking at their Facebook it seems to have been released around May. Nobody seems to have posted about the new cable being released so I thought I would. 

well this is good news! sadly i dont think sleek audios universal IEMS have really satisfied the market yet. especially with what has happened with peoples complain on support from them. 

well as a soon to be proud owner of the SA7's i hope this new cable surely delivers proper quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back