Sky Audio Cables
Feb 25, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #136 of 197
Can anyone say how is the cable wire and solder quality compared to the Arctic or Forza cables? I’m specifically interested in a pure silver cable for my Empy as I just purchased that Sky Audio pure silver cable on the classifieds.
I have a few of his cables, I have not opened them up to see construction details. I expect you'll be happy, especially at the fire-sale prices he charges.

Skyaudio gives great service and they're the cheapest good quality cables I have seen, not that I have seen a lot of cables though. Braiding is very good, handling is good. Certainly, best values. They are thinner than customcans cables though, and don't feel as durable. I'm not sure if there is any practical difference in durability. Both these two shops are run by great guys who ship very quickly.

I have one from Forza, many delays, lack of communication, horribly expensive. Terrible customer experience. I'll never buy another one.

Feb 25, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #137 of 197
I have a few of his cables, I have not opened them up to see construction details. I expect you'll be happy, especially at the fire-sale prices he charges.

Skyaudio gives great service and they're the cheapest good quality cables I have seen, not that I have seen a lot of cables though. Braiding is very good, handling is good. Certainly, best values. They are thinner than customcans cables though, and don't feel as durable. I'm not sure if there is any practical difference in durability. Both these two shops are run by great guys who ship very quickly.

I have one from Forza, many delays, lack of communication, horribly expensive. Terrible customer experience. I'll never buy another one.
Thanks for this info. The reason I ask is because the Meze Copper upgraded cable transformed the Empy in quite amazing ways. I have good reports that the Empy responds very well to the Meze silver coated cable as well, so I'm hoping this Sky Audio silver cable will be a good performer in terms of SQ.

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #138 of 197
Thanks for this info. The reason I ask is because the Meze Copper upgraded cable transformed the Empy in quite amazing ways. I have good reports that the Empy responds very well to the Meze silver coated cable as well, so I'm hoping this Sky Audio silver cable will be a good performer in terms of SQ.
I'm sure it will, but personally I don't expect any improvement in sound quality from cables. I'm looking for better materials and construction than stock cables. I have one of his silver cables coming in the next few days for an HE-6, the reason I bought it the stock cable is abominable, absolute worst stock cable in the history of headphones. After Brexit we get killed on importing anything. Skyaudio prices are so good that I took a chance on this one.

Feb 25, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #139 of 197
I'm sure it will, but personally I don't expect any improvement in sound quality from cables. I'm looking for better materials and construction than stock cables. I have one of his silver cables coming in the next few days for an HE-6, the reason I bought it the stock cable is abominable, absolute worst stock cable in the history of headphones. After Brexit we get killed on importing anything. Skyaudio prices are so good that I took a chance on this one.
I agree but the Meze Copper upgraded cable with my Empy proved otherwise. The improvement in SQ from the stock cable (which is no slouch) was akin to a small DAC or amp upgrade. It was quite astounding. I want to buy the Meze silver but it's $500 plus shipping. So I'm quietly hoping this silver Sky Audio will fill the gap nicely until I have the budget available for the Meze cable.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #140 of 197
My 2 cables are in customs now... I don't blame Brexit or the UK, I blame the eeeeuuuuuuuuww

Updated, cables arrived today. Will post pics asap but terribly busy at the moment.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #141 of 197
Got two cables for my HE6SE. Great job by Reece as usual.

I picked the colors on the first cable so they would match the housing and the pads. The grey is perfect, I didn't get the purple exactly right but it still looks like I wanted.

1646730556702.png

The second cable is silver-plated copper, there was no option to change the covering and I like it the way it is.

1646730596568.png

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #142 of 197
My Sky Audio silver cable arrived. Aesthetically the workmanship looks fantastic. I bought it on the classified in black and brown paracord. This would not have been my first preference but having it in hand, I am well pleased with the look and feel. I listened to a handful of songs to get a feel for its sound signature and can confidently say I am very happy with the result. The pure silver cable (99/99%) is clearly a fantastic synergy with the Empy. The only bit I can't quite make peace with are the Rean mini-XLR's. I'm a fan of Furutech and happy to pay the extra cost to put my mind at ease. However, for now it sounds clean and really great, so I will enjoy it a while and then possibly reterminate with Furutech connectors.

Mar 15, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #143 of 197
My Sky Audio silver cable arrived. Aesthetically the workmanship looks fantastic. I bought it on the classified in black and brown paracord. This would not have been my first preference but having it in hand, I am well pleased with the look and feel. I listened to a handful of songs to get a feel for its sound signature and can confidently say I am very happy with the result. The pure silver cable (99/99%) is clearly a fantastic synergy with the Empy. The only bit I can't quite make peace with are the Rean mini-XLR's. I'm a fan of Furutech and happy to pay the extra cost to put my mind at ease. However, for now it sounds clean and really great, so I will enjoy it a while and then possibly reterminate with Furutech connectors.
I hate the new Rean minis with the square buttons. Jam city.. The older round button version was ok. I'd like to see some alternatives.

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #145 of 197
I got several more of Reece's cables recently and I have three more on the way. Eventually I'll take some more pics.

1655669022265.png

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #147 of 197
Is Reece still selling on eBay? I bought a few of his cables and really like them. I don't seem to find his listing anymore.
Yes he is. I've bought about a half dozen cables from him in the past 6 months :D

There seems to be some ongoing problem with his ebay shop and a few others where in certain countries you can't see his shop at all.

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #149 of 197

Users who are viewing this thread

Back