Sky Audio Cables
Apr 15, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #181 of 197
I asked SAC about the Etsy listing regarding the cable 'count', and received the following response;

"Ah, the number of strands in the description seems to be causing confusion, you're not the only one to ask about that. I'll have to reword that to make it clearer.

The 4 strands the description refers to is each wire or "core", not the makeup of the wires themselves, which is what the 80-100 would be referring to (in other listings). For some manufactures this refers to each wire, while others count the total for the whole cable. For my cables I use either 30 strand 25awg 5n copper wire, or 49 strand 25awg 5n silver plated wire. Technically, more strands are better as it reduces skin effect and improves flexibility, although at this size wire anything over 15-20 isn't going to be audible and other factors will have much more of an impact on flexibility such as jacket material."

I have SAC cables of both types, and prefer the silver coated option. It just sounds a little crisper(?), clearer(?), cleaner(?) to my untrained ear. It could be subjective, or a placebo effect, but for the small (5%) increase in cost, it seems worth it to me.

Jul 7, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #182 of 197
I have bought two cables from sky audio in the last 6 months
A short 1.2m balanced 4.4mm yellow and black that arrived yesterday and a 4m purple 4.4m
The cables are well made look good and sound great
I will defiantly purchase more from sky audio
IMG_4066 copy.jpeg

Aug 11, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #183 of 197
I asked Sky Audio to make up a number of short cabled adaptors. I wanted something with "cable" between the plugs for strain relief

Responses were same day. There was honest feedback he cannot hear a difference between copper, copper/silver blend, silver. I went with copper as it was the lowest priced option

The order was placed last month and turnaround was super, super quick. Due to work only got round to writing this now

The adaptors were ordered partly with CanJam London (this month) in mind

Aug 14, 2023 at 2:54 AM Post #184 of 197
There was honest feedback he cannot hear a difference between copper, copper/silver blend, silver.
Nobody can. As you say, Reece is one of the honest ones who admits it.

There are still reasons to buy various wires, especially if you choose the clear plastic covering you might prefer the appearance of silver, copper, etc. Cables should be well built, of good materials, have good handling qualities, and a pleasant appearance. Reece's cables check all the boxes! :)

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #185 of 197
Look what turned up in the post today :heart_eyes:

IMG_20230830_175633.jpg

Just waiting for my Meze 109 pro to turn up now to pair them with.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #187 of 197
Your not going to loose those 👍
I'm certainly not! Lol.

I could have gone subtle to compliment the look of the Meze 109, but they're a 'fun' headphone after all, so I've gone full African and Reggae sunshine vibes with these ones.

Beautifully made cables, that's for sure.

Sep 3, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #188 of 197
Post CanJam London 2023

As a follow up, the Sky Audio adaptors were used properly for the first time at the recent show and passed with flying colours over the 2 days

Watching fellow attendees, some exhibitors had adaptors and some exhibitors changed the entire cable if you needed another termination. So the adaptors set provided useful functionality and saved time. Win-win

Oct 1, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #189 of 197
Hi, Thought I share here.

Bought a custom cable from Sky Audio recently for my Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire.
I had bought a 3m Vivo to replace the standard 1.2 Dummer, but it just wasn’t long enough and was hanging not touching the floor between headphone amp and sofa, dragging on the headphone. The previous 3m cable for a pair of B&W P5 was fine. But Dan Clark Audio don’t take returns on cables.

I looked around, and the Cardas Clear seemed to have good reviews/reports but at a 4m to 5m length are over £1,000 and still only copper wire. The Clear Beyond are over £2,500.

Talking with Reece over Email, he agreed to make me a 5m Dual Mono cable using 8 cores per channel, in Pure Silver cable. I obtained a Cardas headphone jack for the build.

The jacket for the cable is all black with metal dividers to keep the two lengths in check. With the last divider being able to slide.

Great build quality, time to be made and great communication.
The cable burnt in over a couple of weeks of evening/late night use and the touch of sweetness that the Silver brings is just perfect with the DCA, as well as an increased openness over the Vivo.

Driver is presently a Burson Soloist SL.
Feed though a Sim Audio Moon preamp and sources being a Naim NDS with 555DR on digital power and a custom CHC DR3 PSU on the analogue circuits in a Roon based system.
Vinyl is Orbe, SME V, Lyra Skala, Bakoon EQR-11R
Cables are a mixture of Harmonic Technologies, True Signal Audio and JPS Labs.

I have pictures, but struggling to see how to get a photo uploaded

Simon

Potential change to the Headphone Amp……

Oct 1, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #190 of 197
Hi, Thought I share here.

Bought a custom cable from Sky Audio recently for my Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Noire.
I had bought a 3m Vivo to replace the standard 1.2 Dummer, but it just wasn’t long enough and was hanging not touching the floor between headphone amp and sofa, dragging on the headphone. The previous 3m cable for a pair of B&W P5 was fine. But Dan Clark Audio don’t take returns on cables.

I looked around, and the Cardas Clear seemed to have good reviews/reports but at a 4m to 5m length are over £1,000 and still only copper wire. The Clear Beyond are over £2,500.

Talking with Reece over Email, he agreed to make me a 5m Dual Mono cable using 8 cores per channel, in Pure Silver cable. I obtained a Cardas headphone jack for the build.

The jacket for the cable is all black with metal dividers to keep the two lengths in check. With the last divider being able to slide.

Great build quality, time to be made and great communication.
The cable burnt in over a couple of weeks of evening/late night use and the touch of sweetness that the Silver brings is just perfect with the DCA, as well as an increased openness over the Vivo.

Driver is presently a Burson Soloist SL.
Feed though a Sim Audio Moon preamp and sources being a Naim NDS with 555DR on digital power and a custom CHC DR3 PSU on the analogue circuits in a Roon based system.
Vinyl is Orbe, SME V, Lyra Skala, Bakoon EQR-11R
Cables are a mixture of Harmonic Technologies, True Signal Audio and JPS Labs.

I have pictures, but struggling to see how to get a photo uploaded

Simon

Potential change to the Headphone Amp……
Hit the attach files button and take pictures or load from your photo library.

Head-Fi might not let you up load photos until you have made more posts?

Sky Audio cable are great 👍

Dec 11, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #194 of 197
Dec 11, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #195 of 197
While I was ordering cables I asked Reece to create one for my Liric as well
20231211_114105.jpg

This one is using 3x black and 1x pirate gold as colours
20231211_114121.jpg

It's less copper coloured as I hoped but it does give it a unique look. Quality is outstanding for both cables as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back