Sky Audio Cables
Feb 9, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #123 of 197
I discovered Sky Audio Cables from this thread and I must say, very happy with them. They look gorgeous, feel very well built and are super flexible, don't get kinked and didn't have any discernible microphoncis short of dragging your nails along the cord. The only con I could identify is that the connecter to the 4.4mm between the wire and the plug could be sturdier, but I'm not complaining at the price for these.

Attachments

• IMG-2602.jpg
    IMG-2602.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2627.jpg
    IMG-2627.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #124 of 197
I've just purchased some silver cables from Sky Audio Cables, for £90 sterling they seem to have a really nice sound.
They work well with the Stellia's and Arche, I went for the 4 pin plug, so far I have bought some Moon Audio Black Dragons, some copper litz from another e-bay seller.
In all honesty they all sound good but I'm thinking that I prefer the Sky Audio silvers.

Mar 31, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #125 of 197
My original HD800 cable started cracking above the y-split, I think its probably 10-years old and the rubber is tired. A genuine cable in Australia is around $300 AUD, so I've given this cable maker a try. I wanted it to look subtle so I went for all black cabling.

I'll update when it arrives, was shipped out yesterday.

May 25, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #126 of 197
Just wondering....
Has anyone used the Pure Silver Cables? I have a set of Reeses cables for my HD800 which I think are fantastic.
I just ordered the Pure Silver to try with ZMF Verites, also on order.

Jun 16, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #128 of 197
I just received my Sky Audio Pure Silver cables for my Verite, which is still being made. I thought I would try them on my LCD2s and they sound better than the Vero Reference cables I was using. The first thing I noticed was that the treble opened up. I can't wait until I try them on the Verites.

Feb 5, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #134 of 197
Lovely to find this thread and recommendation. With Reece's very prompt help I have just ordered a new cable for my Audio Technica ath-r70x which have a longer locling 2.5mm connector. Awesome.

The most difficult bit was choosing colours!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #135 of 197
Can anyone say how is the cable wire and solder quality compared to the Arctic or Forza cables? I’m specifically interested in a pure silver cable for my Empy as I just purchased that Sky Audio pure silver cable on the classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back