Skullcandy's latest
May 17, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 47
It has a popular rapper's name behind it, so like the Beats it must sound good.

Though I'm not sure why someone would want to walk around with what looks like two eggs strapped to his head.

May 17, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 47
it's still skull candy.

one reason this might sell to the headphone noobies is because of Jay-Z's name and record label all over it...other than that it's still skull candy which = crap. 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 47
well.  i will concede that i don't trust the "sound" factor at all from skullcandy.

however, that brown pair looks awfully sporty.

ya gotta admit dat!!! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 17, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 47
i went to the apple store today and auditioned some Monster Beats because I was curious. they're actually not a bad sounding set of cans to be honest. the highs extend pretty high and have some sparkle to it, decently crisp. the bass is very impactful, which can be good if that's what you're into (bassheads). details and soundstage aren't bad either. all in all they're a solid set of cans and if they price were around the $100-150, they'd give a lot of cans a run for their money. the asking price of $300 is what makes it a bad value.

on the other hand, the smaller monster Beats Solo is complete crap. sounds veiled and muddy, completely opposite of the fullsize beats. if someone paid me i wouldn't even listen to them.

May 17, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #7 of 47
I really do hope, for the sake of people that will buy these, they sound good, or at least passable.

I would be interested to hear impression from head-fi'ers on these, as long as they can post a review in a mature way. Seems like brands like these bring out the worst in people here. :/

May 17, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 47

Quote:
i went to the apple store today and auditioned some Monster Beats because I was curious. they're actually not a bad sounding set of cans to be honest. the highs extend pretty high and have some sparkle to it, decently crisp. the bass is very impactful, which can be good if that's what you're into (bassheads). details and soundstage aren't bad either. all in all they're a solid set of cans and if they price were around the $100-150, they'd give a lot of cans a run for their money. the asking price of $300 is what makes it a bad value.

on the other hand, the smaller monster Beats Solo is complete crap. sounds veiled and muddy, completely opposite of the fullsize beats. if someone paid me i wouldn't even listen to them.

Exactly. Now compare their $300 price tag to the $230 (w/out tax) price tag of Denon AH-D2000...or many of the other audiophiles at $300 or below.

LoL.

May 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 47
I was going to start a thread on this but I realized someone would have probably gotten to this first.  I wonder if these will give the Beats some competition.

Regardless of how I feel about the design, if it sounds good, it might be worth a try.  At least it looks considerably more durable than the rest of their line up and the Beats line up.

May 17, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #12 of 47
They are the best looking Skullies I have seen. I hope they sound decent

May 17, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #13 of 47
ya know what's funny:

"First up in this trailblazing venture is the Roc Nation Aviator.
Designed with top grade metals, polycarbonate headphone cups,
plush, memory foam ear pillows, and finished with premium optics
previously only seen in the realm of fashion eyewear, the Roc
Nation Aviator is the newest world-class headhpone offering
presented by Skullcandy."

not once do they mention sound.

probably just as well they didn't.
tongue_smile.gif

May 17, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 47
It's all about style in Hollyweird. As long as you look good, who cares about quality?
ph34r.gif

May 17, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #15 of 47
If that's under $80, it can't be that bad. Comfort look bad though, look at the headband...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back