Singxer SU-1 Owners
Oct 13, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #616 of 869
First you should figure out wether the SU-1 is working from the PC directly like Roon/PC->SU-1->LKS. For that you must install the appropriate SU-1 drivers on the PC the SU-1 is connected to via USB. If you add the SMS into the chain that shall need no drivers to see/use the SU-1 if there is an USB connection between the two. Try to see if there is any DAC diagnostic on the web interface of the SMS and whether it can properly see the SU-1. Also go step by step so you can shortlist what might be faulty.

p.s. Firmware 2.x shall be also enough to get it to work, better not update it unless you know what are you doing and there is clearly need for it (i.e. DSD512 support).
Robi, please forgive the dumb question, but is it possible for the SU-1 to work from the PC directly if the SOtM 200 ultra is in between them?

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #617 of 869
First you should figure out wether the SU-1 is working from the PC directly like Roon/PC->SU-1->LKS. For that you must install the appropriate SU-1 drivers on the PC the SU-1 is connected to via USB. If you add the SMS into the chain that shall need no drivers to see/use the SU-1 if there is an USB connection between the two. Try to see if there is any DAC diagnostic on the web interface of the SMS and whether it can properly see the SU-1. Also go step by step so you can shortlist what might be faulty.

p.s. Firmware 2.x shall be also enough to get it to work, better not update it unless you know what are you doing and there is clearly need for it (i.e. DSD512 support).

Robi, forgive the dumb question, but is it possible for the SU-1 to work directly from the computer when the SOtM 200 ultra is wired between the two?

I connected the SU-1 directly to my computer and updated the driver. However, the driver does not install in the directory contained in the instructions, and when I go to the folder the driver installed in there is no file like the one shown to update the firmware. :frowning2:

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #618 of 869
The attached is all I have in the folder where the driver installed. There are a number of files in the subdirectory "W10_x64" but the only application file is the control panel, and I don't see any way to update firmware from within the control panel.

Can anyone straighten me out? Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Singxer Driver Folder.png
    Singxer Driver Folder.png
    602.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #620 of 869
Thanks. That's a different link than the one I downloaded drivers from, which I got from the Kitsune site. Do I need to install the drivers on the SOtM or the roon core? I don't know how to get them on the SOtM...
I assume you had installed the Amanero windows driver previously. Wherever you installed that is where you install Singxer driver.

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #621 of 869
I assume you had installed the Amanero windows driver previously. Wherever you installed that is where you install Singxer driver.

I haven't installed any drivers before. I just hooked the SOtM 200 ultra up to my router, pointed roon to it on my (Windows 10) roon core, and everything worked great.

I've now installed both the Amanero driver and the Singxer driver. However, the application ending in "dfuapp" that allows me to upload the .bin firmware is not in the driver directory.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #622 of 869
You are pretty close. Go to https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/SU-1 FIRMWARE/ and unzip v220 rar onto your say desktop. On your last screenshot, where it displays the current version, click on browse and select the 220 bin file you unzipped. Then upgrade. You can rerun the same program afterwards to check that you have the right firmware. If the program installed a singxer driver, remove it. Then installed the latest windows driver.

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #623 of 869
You are pretty close. Go to https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/SU-1 FIRMWARE/ and unzip v220 rar onto your say desktop. On your last screenshot, where it displays the current version, click on browse and select the 220 bin file you unzipped. Then upgrade. You can rerun the same program afterwards to check that you have the right firmware. If the program installed a singxer driver, remove it. Then installed the latest windows driver.

Unfortunately, the picture on the right I posted above is what Singxer says I should see, but that guide is old. The pictures I attached to this post show everything that installed with the driver. I've clicked every app and exe file in the folder, but the firmware updater isn't there, and there is no button to upload a new firmware in the control panel.

Would it be safe to copy the old firmware updater from the earlier version of the driver and use that to update to firmware 2.20, or could I brick my SU-1 that way?Singxer Root Folder.png W10_x64 Folder.png

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #624 of 869
Unfortunately, the picture on the right I posted above is what Singxer says I should see, but that guide is old. The pictures I attached to this post show everything that installed with the driver. I've clicked every app and exe file in the folder, but the firmware updater isn't there, and there is no button to upload a new firmware in the control panel.

Would it be safe to copy the old firmware updater from the earlier version of the driver and use that to update to firmware 2.20, or could I brick my SU-1 that way?
The old one is what I used. Should be safe. From memory it may install an old windows driver as well. Just delete the old driver before installing new one.

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #625 of 869
The old one is what I used. Should be safe. From memory it may install an old windows driver as well. Just delete the old driver before installing new one.

It worked perfectly. After updating the firmware to 2.20 I uninstalled the 3.34 driver and reinstalled 4.45 with no problem. Now to hook up the SU-1 between the 200 ultra and the LKS DAC ...

Thanks for your help. :)

Oct 13, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #626 of 869
I have the SU-1 working ... over coax only. I have switched 2 and 6 turned on, which is what the manual says I should have for LKS compatibility. I have power and play lights on the SU-1, and roon is playing, but no sound. This was the same problem I had at the seller's house when we tried to get it working.

The Singxer manual is old, and it was written for firmware 2.0. Is it possible that the switches have changed with firmware 2.20?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #627 of 869
Ugh, roon STILL doesn't see the 200 ultra, and it doesn't see the SU-1. It says nothing is connected to it over the network. :frowning2:

Anyone have any ideas on what's wrong?
Do you see singxer driver in device manager? You have to disconnect and reconnect usb cable for it tobe effective. Dont know roon. Is there a setup to point to singxer driver.

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #628 of 869
So I'm guessing you have gone into sound preferences on your computer see if it's visible selected it and set the usual stuff up. Windows always takes out my Gustard every time there's an update. You remove any conflicting drivers from old dacs as well ?

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #629 of 869
SOtM roon ready config screen.png Hi Dean. Hm. I think I've done all I can do in roon. If I connect the SU-1 and LKS by coax it works fine - it just doesn't sound any better than going from my 200 ultra straight to the DAC.

The LKS is the only DAC I've ever used with roon, and thanks to xiamen's good advice earlier I was sure to uninstall all old drivers before loading the last one for the SU-1. I've attached what I see in roon, but it seems like it's an SU-1/LKS handshake issue now.

EDIT: I've added a third photo, which is what I see under "roon ready" in the SOtM web GUI.

roon audio settings tab.png SOtM device setup.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back