Singxer SU-1 Owners
Jul 17, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #601 of 869
What playback software are you using and is this straight playback of a file or are you upsampling from a lower resolution? Cheers.
Audirvana; upsample from ALAC files ranging from 44.1 to 192. I no longer have a Spring (sold it save money for the following line) so I can’t do any testing now. I just know I attempted running DSD512 through the uR and SU-1 and it worked.

Jul 17, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #602 of 869
I'm using a Gustard u12 it's Aes/ Ebu now works well it's fed by my Laptop using an oyaide class A usb cable into a Uptone regen . Guess I'm asking if anyone can recommend the Singer over the Gustard

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #603 of 869
Anyone use the Singxer I2S output with their denafrips DAC?

Sep 29, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #604 of 869
Correct, the remaining 4 VRs are all surface mount regulators. They can be done without taking the board out but will be less challenging if done with board removed.
Hi, new to this forum, although I had the SU-1 for 8 months. Just starting to look at doing some mods. Had done the simple one of using external 5v dc from my hd-plex. Looking at now replacing the 3.3 vr, Based on what i read, I got the Sparkolab ss1117xx. Only when I take a good look, I realise the ld1086 dpack has output at the back, no in line with the Sparko. What's the correct way to get this in properly? Probably a stupid question but I can't work it out.

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #605 of 869
Hi, new to this forum, although I had the SU-1 for 8 months. Just starting to look at doing some mods. Had done the simple one of using external 5v dc from my hd-plex. Looking at now replacing the 3.3 vr, Based on what i read, I got the Sparkolab ss1117xx. Only when I take a good look, I realise the ld1086 dpack has output at the back, no in line with the Sparko. What's the correct way to get this in properly? Probably a stupid question but I can't work it out.

I placed the 3.3V regulator vertically with both 5Vin and GND pin bent 90 degrees forward to match the two small soldering pads and bent the output pin 90 degrees in opposite direction to match the output soldering pad.

Here is a picture to show what I did, hopefully it is clear enough to demonstrate the idea.

SU-1 5V Regulator.jpg

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #606 of 869
I placed the 3.3V regulator vertically with both 5Vin and GND pin bent 90 degrees forward to match the two small soldering pads and bent the output pin 90 degrees in opposite direction to match the output soldering pad.

Here is a picture to show what I did, hopefully it is clear enough to demonstrate the idea.

Thanks. The pins are flexible to be bent 90% with no danger of breaking off?

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #608 of 869
Guys I just got a denafrips terminator + HE9 and I am trying to optimize the sound. It sounds good out of the front of my desktop with usb but I have a feeling it can sound much better. I want to use my pc to control my music and if possible stick to foobar wasapi if I can. But I am willing to use other desktop software to control an external device.

These are the options:

Do you recommend any of the following:

1) iusb3.0 + igalvanic3.0
2) Singxer SU-1
3) Schiit eitr

Or totally separate devices

1) Aurender streamer
2) ultrarendu
3) Sotm sMS-200 Ultra

Which direction would you go?

Sep 29, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #609 of 869
I like my current direction of ultraRendu feeding the SU-1. If I had to pick only one though it would be narrowed down to either the ultraRendu or the SU-1 and I would pick based on which input my DAC would benefit more from. I’ve never had a Terminator but in the case of Yggy and Spring DAC I’ve owned the USB input wasn’t their strong suit so I would have picked the SU-1 if only allowed one pick.

Oct 3, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #610 of 869
If anybody ever need to replace this chip,
It is SN74LVC2G157DCTR made by Texas instruments. Marks on the chip says nothing unfortunate, but Singxer responded me by email pretty quickly.

su1_chip.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #611 of 869
Hi all. I just bought an SU-1 and cannot get it to work. Here is my chain: win10/64 Roon core -> Asus router -> SOtM 200 ultra -> Singxer SU-1 -> LKS MH-D004 DAC.

Singxer firmware revision is 2.02.

With the Singxer installed roon does not see the 200 ultra or the SU-1. With the Singxer out of the loop roon sees the 200 ultra under "networked" in audio settings and everything works fine.

Can anyone help me figure out the correct settings to make the SU-1 work? Thanks!

Oct 13, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #612 of 869
Hi all. I just bought an SU-1 and cannot get it to work. Here is my chain: win10/64 Roon core -> Asus router -> SOtM 200 ultra -> Singxer SU-1 -> LKS MH-D004 DAC.

Singxer firmware revision is 2.02.

With the Singxer installed roon does not see the 200 ultra or the SU-1. With the Singxer out of the loop roon sees the 200 ultra under "networked" in audio settings and everything works fine.

Can anyone help me figure out the correct settings to make the SU-1 work? Thanks!

Oct 13, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #614 of 869
Thanks. That's a different link than the one I downloaded drivers from, which I got from the Kitsune site. Do I need to install the drivers on the SOtM or the roon core? I don't know how to get them on the SOtM...

Oct 13, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #615 of 869
Thanks. That's a different link than the one I downloaded drivers from, which I got from the Kitsune site. Do I need to install the drivers on the SOtM or the roon core? I don't know how to get them on the SOtM...

First you should figure out wether the SU-1 is working from the PC directly like Roon/PC->SU-1->LKS. For that you must install the appropriate SU-1 drivers on the PC the SU-1 is connected to via USB. If you add the SMS into the chain that shall need no drivers to see/use the SU-1 if there is an USB connection between the two. Try to see if there is any DAC diagnostic on the web interface of the SMS and whether it can properly see the SU-1. Also go step by step so you can shortlist what might be faulty.

p.s. Firmware 2.x shall be also enough to get it to work, better not update it unless you know what are you doing and there is clearly need for it (i.e. DSD512 support).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back