Singxer SDA-2 Native DSD512 DAC Impressions and Discussion
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #20 of 26
I really prefer separates. I'm considering what to get for a small system I don't use much and I came across this DAC. Looks like it has an amp in it which is better than average but all the dacamps I tried, I didn't like the amp section anyway. I would like to see more dedicated DACs and less dacamps.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 26
Hi, I am also thinking for upgrading my DAC. My current setup is:
- Custom Hypex NC-250P Dual mono amp
- KEF LS50
- Allo Usbridge Signature + Allo Nirvana power supply - used as Roon bridge. Listening to more acoustic music but also some electric rock and jazz (mainly 60-70s)
- Allo Revlution DAC + Allo Nirvana power supply

I am tempted by upgrading the DAC - am feeling a higher quality one will really up the game of this system. I almost pulled the trigger today on a Gustard A18, but got cold feet in the last second. Am wondering if anyone has a similar setup and has taken a similar path......

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #22 of 26
- KEF LS50
- Allo Usbridge Signature + Allo Nirvana power supply - used as Roon bridge. Listening to more acoustic music but also some electric rock and jazz (mainly 60-70s)

I am tempted by upgrading the DAC - am feeling a higher quality one will really up the game of this system. I almost pulled the trigger today on a Gustard A18, but got cold feet in the last second. Am wondering if anyone has a similar setup and has taken a similar path......
I don't have any setup similar to yours but I have been impressed with the Gustard A18 so far. Once my room is finally finished I'll get it set up properly for critical testing - so far I've just had a couple of short sessions with it.

Aug 31, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #23 of 26
- KEF LS50

Probably won't hear much DAC benefit through small active monitors.

Feb 9, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #25 of 26
I made a little discovery last night. I have my MrSpeakers Alpha Primes plugged into my SDA-2 DAC, I like this combo, but I have to have the SDA-2 DAC volume set at 60 - 65 to drive the Primes to a reasonable level.
I have a Sansui AU-217 II integrated amp that I play my vinyl through (it has a great MM input) this amp is a beast, it has terrific power output and a very good headphone stage.
I decided to try an experiment, I used the pre-out from the SDA-2 DAC to the tape/aux of the AU-217 II.....WOW!
The AU-217 II wipes the floor with the SDA-2 DAC amp section, I only have to set the volume on the AU-217 to around the '9 o clock' position to drive the Alpha Primes.
The soundstage is wider and deeper, bass is deeper, separation is better. Hell, EVERTHING is better now just using the SDA-2 DAC as a DAC/pre amp!
I am hearing things I have never heard before on some recordings. Example being 10cc's 'I'm Mandy fly me', at the intro to the track there is someone speaking in the background. It's on the right channel, low level but audible. I have never heard that before, and I have heard the track hundreds of times, I really am enjoying this extra dimension that has been added by my discovery, and at no additional cost either!

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #26 of 26
I also posted my in-depth written review about the SDA-2 DAC/AMP!!

It has been a beautiful ride, with a DAC/AMP that has everything, including an excellent price / performance ratio :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...singxer-sda-2-balanced-dac-headphone-amp.html

Singxer-SDA2-DAC-AMP-Balanced-Headphone-Amplifier-Digital-To-Analogue-Converter-Review-Audioph...jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back