Simple pleasures
Aug 17, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Sometimes, I think we get lost in all of this (Head-Fi, gear, upgraditis) and forget that all of this is meant for one thing..  The enjoyment of music.  It's not about how you get there, just that you get there. IMHO

Can't be said often enough.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #17 of 20
Too old and lazy to catch too many waves, but I am at the Jersey Shore! Stone Harbor, to be precise (I see your location is also NJ).

And with free wifi at the rental, tough to stay away from HF at night.

But tomorrow, I will venture into the roiling ocean to grab that wave on a friend's boogie board.

After that, more ocean wave sounds and some PR1 Pro/Clip+ mixed in.

Quote:
Well then get off of here and enjoy yourself.. LOL (I'm just jealous, I won't be back until this weekend..)
smile.gif

The beach is my home away from home and I'm more relaxed there than anywhere and I could care less about what's in my ears when I'm there.. It's just music..

Sometimes, I think we get lost in all of this (Head-Fi, gear, upgraditis) and forget that all of this is meant for one thing..  The enjoyment of music.  It's not about how you get there, just that you get there. IMHO

Oh and my beach rig is either my 4GB Clip+ and the Xears TD100 or my ears and the natural sounds of the ocean after midnight

Now go catch a wave for me..
beerchug.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #18 of 20
You know, I have a refurbed Clip too, rockboxed, but left it home. A Woot! purchase, and I bought a pair of JVC Flats for a friend (brought them with me to the beach to give him for an upcoming trip to Turkey). So that would have cost me $18 for the Clip and $11 for the flats,with shipping. Not bad.

I thought it was you who had one of these threads. Sorry to repeat. The salt air and the Clip/PR1 Pro sound went to my head. Of course, now that I'm indoors, it's ER4S (with custom sleeves), the Touch/LOD/T3.

But I love that combo, the 1GB Clip and Flats. Under $30.

Quote:
I started a thread like this about a year ago. My original ultra-budget rig was a refurbished 1gb clip ($13) and an open-box JVC HA-S150 'Flats' ($6), for a total of <$20.

Currently I'd have to say it's the same refurb clip with the PR1 Pro (discontinued) or Brainwavz M1/ViSang R02 ($40).

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #19 of 20
8GB Fuze + 8GB card + Rockbox + Meelec M9 = $85 (back when M9 was $20). 

But I don't like getting sand in my swimming trunks, so I'll take a hammock in the back yard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back