Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Oct 25, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #182 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only person not satisfied with the headband from partsexpress? I find it hard to adjust it just right and it slips a lot. Farkin annoying.

Must be, 'cause mine works great.
tongue.gif

Oct 25, 2008 at 4:44 AM Post #183 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only person not satisfied with the headband from partsexpress? I find it hard to adjust it just right and it slips a lot. Farkin annoying.

They are flimsy and don't have a tight fit. But for $1.97 try another pair. You can't jog with them.

Jun 1, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #187 of 267
Awesome simple mod, just bought 2 of those mini headphones from partsexpress for under $7 shipped!

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=240-015

Update: just got these in, mod is as simple as it can get!!

The headband is very light and does the job. clamping force is just enough to keep them on my head.

GREAT DISCOVERY!

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #192 of 267
If you don't mind spending money (and wasting some of it), you can also use the Porta Pro headband with the KSC75. Since I prefer the KSC75 driver over the Porta Pro driver, this is what I did. The only difference for those that don't know, is that the KSC75 driver is titanium, a bit brighter and may have less bass.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:16 PM Post #193 of 267
Thanks for the tip tdockweiler.  I made the switch to the Porta-Pro.  It's a definite improvement over the cheap headband -- a much more secure and comfortable fit.  Even with the additional expense it still a good headphone mod buy with nothing in this cost range that would better it.

Nov 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #194 of 267

Quote:
i still can't seem to find the headphone band separately anywhere. hmmm... partsexpress didn't seem to have them. i don't like how the metal part in the headband from partsexpress protrudes when the band is shortened... anyone know where i can buy a head band by itself relatively cheaply from within the us that looks like this?
finished.jpg

Hey guys for you complaining about that PartExpress headband, I am in a similar situation since PE will only ship me one for 28 USD to Canada... so I've search quite a bit using different combination of words on eBay "light stereo headphone" "mini headphone" and I've found a pair on eBay.co.uk typing "budget stereo headphone". It is the "QTX Budget stereo headphones 100.035", I suggest you search for them as they seem to have the very same headband pictured above. I will see if I can buy one internationally from any of those many UK electronics online store and I will tell you if it fits the KSC75 clipping mechanism. I think it should, the headphone looks just like the one on Part Express too.

Here's the best quality image I could find... not the best angle though

http://www.ecwuk.com/ecw/headphones/100.035.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back