Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
May 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #92 of 267
So, I went to a dollar store, got some headphones and clipped on the headband to ksc75. There's no clamping force at all, is the durabrand one better?

May 8, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #93 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I went to a dollar store, got some headphones and clipped on the headband to ksc75. There's no clamping force at all, is the durabrand one better?

nope there's not really any clamping force

I suppose you could try to bend the headband, but it's so thin and flimsy it probably wouldn't create more force.

May 9, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #94 of 267
Got the durabrand head phones this morning and made the switch. I'm loving this simple and reversable modification. IMO, this mod makes me feel less conspicuous when I'm wearing the KSC75 in public heh. I also remember wishing that i could clamp the KSC75 drivers tighter to my ears since it always seemed to sound better when I press on them especially in noisier environments. This makes that possible and gives a tiny bit of isolation to these headphones, which is perfect for me.

May 25, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #96 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My girlfriend can't use the KSC75 because she's lobeless... wondering if you guys have other reasons.

It's just easier for me to put on and take off... I use mine at work. I have KSC35s that I use with clips.

May 25, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #97 of 267
the headband mod looks cool, but the clamping force sucks more than the normal clips? XD

anyway around this?

May 25, 2007 at 9:56 AM Post #98 of 267
This should make these a lot easier on the ears.

Sucks for the portability, though.

- lk

May 25, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #99 of 267
I now have no excuse not to buy the KSC75s
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #100 of 267
I did and rather like this mod, though I found something disconcerting. I thought the right channel sounded quieter or something. I also found out that the socket for the right side is shorter than the one on the left, so that means the left is held out further and can thus rotate more. I wonder if the left seems better to me because it is rotating to make more flush contact with my ear?

Aside from that, they seem to have similar pressure on the ear as the regular clips do.

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #102 of 267
Hey, did anyone have the same problem with the headbands I described? The thing with one of the sockets being further out than the other? Are all the durabrand headbands made that way. Probably...

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #103 of 267
I Love alll the headband mods this is a great thread.

But I alsao remember seeing another similar thread a while back where someone used the PX100 folding headband on their KSC75 . . . . .
does anyone remember seeing that thread?

I have not been able to locate it regardless of the search phrases I have tried.
confused.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #104 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Love alll the headband mods this is a great thread.

But I alsao remember seeing another similar thread a while back where someone used the PX100 folding headband on their KSC75 . . . . .
does anyone remember seeing that thread?

I have not been able to locate it regardless of the search phrases I have tried.
confused.gif

I remember that thread too, but same problem, can't find it. I believe it required additional modification because the 'ball' on the KSC75 is too small to fit the socket on the PX100 headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back