Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Jun 18, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #121 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, did anyone have the same problem with the headbands I described? The thing with one of the sockets being further out than the other? Are all the durabrand headbands made that way. Probably...

The Durabrand headphones i picked up w/ radio at Walmart on do have the odd feature where the left side socket is taller than the right side.

Saturday i hit the thrift stores and found a pair of headphones that look a lot like the durabrand 'phones but have the sockets flush with the frame of the plastic. Also some GPX headphones with a compatible socket.

I guess i oughta take pictures when i get home from work.

Picked up a UR40 for a probable orthodynamic transplant and might decide to keep the KSC75 stock and build a super-ghetto-looking headbanded ksc75-ish thing out of the UR40 drivers (which are exactly ksc75 drivers, little knobbed post on the back, plastic grille thing on the front, spikes to hold the foam pad, everything)

Jun 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #123 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys... you can also use the free headphones you get on JetBlue flights.

I guess someday I'll take a flight on that air liner just to get the headband
tongue.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #124 of 267
@kite7

Bought the headphones at the dollar store in Kerrisdale in Vancouver...and the headband is too short. The headphones don't reach far enough to cover my ears...hope the durabrand one is better

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #125 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooo....nobody's found a $1 headband at any national store... or on a website?

The Durabrand headband *is* awesome, IMO, but I've got 5 more KSCs that could use a headband, too. . . and I certainly don't need 5 more Durabrand radios!

If anyone finds something similar for less...please lemme know about it.

I've found a couple, but they charge like, $8 shipping, so it ends up being more than $10 for some crap headphones. PartsExpress has 'em, for less than $5 shipped, but they're not in stock. I ordered on Sunday, because it said they'd be in stock on Tuesday, but it's been pushed back to NEXT Tuesday. Sucks.

Jun 21, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #126 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@kite7

Bought the headphones at the dollar store in Kerrisdale in Vancouver...and the headband is too short. The headphones don't reach far enough to cover my ears...hope the durabrand one is better

Mine is a little short too. I checked walmart at lougheed mall but they don't have the radio? Might not be available for us canadians
confused.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #127 of 267
I don't uderstand why people would buy a ksc75 and do a headband mod why not just buy a koss 60 OHM headphone with a band in the first place

Never mind I just took a look at the selections of koss 60 ohm headphones wth band. The portapro seem to be the only one wth a aluminum band which puts less clamping force on your head as compared to a plastic band

Jun 21, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #128 of 267
Just go to your local airport and grab a pair of jetblue headphones, they're in bins at the gates!

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #129 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't uderstand why people would buy a ksc75 and do a headband mod why not just buy a koss 60 OHM headphone with a band in the first place

What other Koss headphones can be bought for $20, feel as comfortable & light as this headband mod, sound as good as the KSC75s, and come with an AM/FM radio??

Hmm..???

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #130 of 267
KTX Pro 1 can often be fond for less than ksc75 since this forum hyped up the ksc75 and store jacked up the prices. KTX Pro 1 has the same titanium driver and a headband, but probable won't beat the mod ksc75 because of clamping forces and extra plastic behind the driver.

also www.academicsuperstore.com still has the ktx pro for $15 while ksc75 has gone up. The drivers to the ktx pro can be popped out and used in the same manner for a headband mod as the ksc75 of corse you will have to figure out a way to reinforce the cable to the driver

Jun 22, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #131 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Durabrand headphones i picked up w/ radio at Walmart on do have the odd feature where the left side socket is taller than the right side.

Saturday i hit the thrift stores and found a pair of headphones that look a lot like the durabrand 'phones but have the sockets flush with the frame of the plastic. Also some GPX headphones with a compatible socket.

I guess i oughta take pictures when i get home from work.

Picked up a UR40 for a probable orthodynamic transplant and might decide to keep the KSC75 stock and build a super-ghetto-looking headbanded ksc75-ish thing out of the UR40 drivers (which are exactly ksc75 drivers, little knobbed post on the back, plastic grille thing on the front, spikes to hold the foam pad, everything)

cool, thanks for verifying that Eric. I wonder if it affects the sound. I thought the right side 'felt weird' before I noticed that.

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #132 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by kilfrg7864 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so i just got back form walmart today they had that radio but it didnt come with the headphones described in this thread.. instead the radio came with earbuds... are there more than 1 kind or are these the new kind with earbuds.. anyone know?

Yeah the ones in my area have earbuds too. I'm heading up to norcal soon so hopefully I'll find the right ones in a walmart there.

Jun 25, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #133 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The silver portion of the headphone.

Actually the silver portion is the back of the driver that supports the magnet just like the basket of a woofer. It is intregal to the driver & cannot be removed. The driver element is directly glued to it just like a woofer surround is glued to it's basket.

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #134 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by patalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the ones in my area have earbuds too. I'm heading up to norcal soon so hopefully I'll find the right ones in a walmart there.

Ok none of those there either.. That stinks.. I guess all the durabrand pr355s in california come with earbuds not over the head headphones
frown.gif

EDIT: looks like target has it in stock
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000FNUEHG
i'll bike over to local target (5 minutes away on bike) and check it out =]
if i find them i'll buy and post pics asap =]
(excited because I am not going to get westone um1s afterall because i am going to save up for a new guitar amp. instead, i'll just use the ksc 75s so the mod is going to help a lot!)
2nd edit: i meant tomorrow morning guys, lol

Jun 26, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #135 of 267
Quote:

Originally Posted by patalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok none of those there either.. That stinks.. I guess all the durabrand pr355s in california come with earbuds not over the head headphones
frown.gif

EDIT: looks like target has it in stock
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000FNUEHG
i'll bike over to local target (5 minutes away on bike) and check it out =]
if i find them i'll buy and post pics asap =]
(excited because I am not going to get westone um1s afterall because i am going to save up for a new guitar amp. instead, i'll just use the ksc 75s so the mod is going to help a lot!)
2nd edit: i meant tomorrow morning guys, lol

I went to a few local targets to purchase that headphone in your link but couldn't find any
mad.gif
. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back