Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
Nov 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #226 of 267
  It's quite easy in itself but one channel took all the force out of me to snap into place; the other was a breeze. The plastic just isn't molded to perfection so I can't really tell you what to expect (but yeah it's just a matter of snapping out the clip and snapping in the cup into the headband).

Just a word of warning:
I hope you're not putting too much money because you might be (maybe) slightly thrown off by the comfort. Even on my “swiveling type” headband I have one single hotspot (fit isn't good; the horizontal plane angling of the cups is too small compared to my ear's) and while it works awesome and I'm not feeling it for an hour or two, after that I have to insert a HD414 pad onto the stock sponge of the KSC75 just to make them bearable.

I swear it may sound unimportant, it's just foam but the added pressure (which gives you bass, it's a desirable aspect and added benefit you can only have with this headband) get's very irritating in long sessions... just like some people complain about the scratchy Grado headphones foam pads: when you don't have a minimum of comfort, it's hard to listen no matter the headphone.

But you can also expect comfort to be fair overall (or else you find a way to increase cushioning like I do myself with a pair of HD414 pads) and still a lot better than that of the clips. You might also have better results if the non “swiveling headband” happens to be better designed. This also all depends a lot on the morphology of your ear.

Well, I am not expecting huge things from this cheap cans, I am using them in gym and it keeps me happy, however the clip system is painful, hurting my ears also I don't feel comfortable, they feel like "just about to fall". So I can spend a few euros more to keep them, otherwise I will stop with them and order PX100-II or something.

So KSC75 will not be my main headphone (I have a totl ciem for that but I am not risking it in the gym
happy_face1.gif
). So I am not willing to put a fortune on them or expect the sound and comfort of HD800. I hope with that headband thing, it will be good enough to keep. Will post the impressions as soon as I am done.

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #228 of 267
  Just saying; because I paid like 20 bucks to Partsexpress to ship me a 1 dollar headphone, hehe... :frowning2: ... knowing in advance it wouldn't fit any better I would have bought a Koss Porta Pro instead.

lol that's quite a shipping price, sorry to hear that mate. I think as long as I buy from amazon.fr or amazon.de, shipping will be also only a few euros so I don't really mind. Btw, thanks for all the info and help
happy_face1.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #229 of 267
Sorry to give this update but, all those items I listed and the suggested one ask for a big shipping price (around 5 euros). So I find it kind of stupid to pay 5 euros for a 2 euros headphone. I am not even sure at the end it will work or create problems. So I decided to skip it. I will somehow use the KSC75 but I have to admit it is painful with the clips. So if it breaks down or something, I am not buying again. Maybe PX100-II would be a better choice next time
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #230 of 267
  Sorry to give this update but, all those items I listed and the suggested one ask for a big shipping price (around 5 euros). So I find it kind of stupid to pay 5 euros for a 2 euros headphone. I am not even sure at the end it will work or create problems. So I decided to skip it. I will somehow use the KSC75 but I have to admit it is painful with the clips. So if it breaks down or something, I am not buying again. Maybe PX100-II would be a better choice next time
frown.gif

Where do you live?

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #234 of 267
like seemingly everyone else, i dropped $9.95 on the ksc75, then kept 'em in the drawer for the next year because of the unusability of the earclips and the world's most tangle-prone cable. however, after doing the PE headband thing, i've wholly succumbed to this cult--they really are exceptional, and i find myself reaching for these much more often then my much pricier on-ears + except for the aiaiai tracks their comfort is unrivaled.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #235 of 267
  like seemingly everyone else, i dropped $9.95 on the ksc75, then kept 'em in the drawer for the next year because of the unusability of the earclips and the world's most tangle-prone cable. however, after doing the PE headband thing, i've wholly succumbed to this cult--they really are exceptional, and i find myself reaching for these much more often then my much pricier on-ears + except for the aiaiai tracks their comfort is unrivaled.

The aiaiai tracks are really beautiful. Do you prefer the sound of the ksc75? What makes the aiaiai express more confortable?

Mar 10, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #236 of 267
the aiaiai tracks are a masterpiece of simple design--the metal headband is open and very lightweight, but also more structurally sound--they stay in place very well w/o palapable pressure. also, the adjustable rail system let's you position the phones in exactly the right place. soundwise, i like both--the kscs are livelier, with more low end and perhaps a better choice for rawk. the aiaiai's are little more "refined" and perhaps extended/detailed at the high end; which one you prefer depends on whether you like a more "accurate" sound.

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #237 of 267
I still can't find a good headband for the KSC75 in europe.

I've ordered some SoundLab Lightweight Orange School Office Stereo Headphones.
Before ordering, I sent a message to the supplier who I was going to order from and asked if the headphones matched the picture:
Quote:
Very good day,

I'm considering in buying some of these headphones from you: "SoundLab Lightweight Orange School Office Stereo Headphones" (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0002DEJMU/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&smid=A3RR83O5CUB4PO)

However I have very specific requirements about the headphones.
Because I know there are different versions being distributed around, I must ask the following question:

Are the headphones you are selling **exactly** equal to the ones in the picture?
http://i.imgur.com/RPzoHcD.jpg

Thank you for clearing this up,
Very Interested Customer

To which his response was:
They look exactly the same
Regards

A few days ago I receive the package, and find out the orange headphones are not the ones in the picture, but those with the model name in headband, which is not detachable.
Mother ******* bitches.

I've returned the Altai headphones, but now have the Koss without headband... :frowning2:

Mar 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #238 of 267

I agree. The PE headband though is a problem. It slide so easily, it's constantly moving up and down. I'm going to have to get it adjusted, and then tape it.

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #239 of 267
sort of expected for $1.89--you might try a bit of krazy glue between the sliding part and the metal so you don't see tape.
one thing i have noticed since i've resumed using the ksc75s is that they're quite inefficient and not easy to drive--are my ears failing or do others have the same reaction?

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #240 of 267
They have relatively high impedance (60 ohms is high for a small portable earphone) and most phones/mp3 players don't have enough voltage to drive them really well, being designed for earphones of 32 ohm impedance or lower. This is masked to some extent because popular music these days tends to be produced and mixed to be L O U D but if you listen to stuff that is nicely produced and actually has some dynamic range you'll notice that the Koss KSC75 work better with an amp or one of the more powerful players.

I found that they are just OK with players like Sansa Clip and Fuze, but very decent with my old iRivers and when driven by a FiiO E7. They are great for PC gaming, very dynamic and three dimensional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back