Simple impressison of DUNU DN-19 Tai Chi Tunable earphone
Jul 23, 2012 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34
Hi guys,

I am Rocky, SR of DUNU. DUNU is a China brand and professionalize in earphone. Glad to present you the Flagship of 2012, DN-19 Tai Chi. 

Tai Chi first show up is at 2012 CES. We met some company who really like it. Many try to buy our product and use their company name instead. We view it as great compliment to DUNU.

Tai Chi is about to release and I would like to share some thoughts with you. Tai Chi is traditional symbol or concept in China. It consists of Ying and Yang. We adapt the main idea balance, modest and flexibility to design DN-19 Tai Chi. It finally turns up a brand new model which is suitable for different genres of music.

Let’s see how it works with graph. Damper and ear tip is where we start with. Tai Chi has two stage of bass tube. It can produce better bass quantity and quality. No damper installed but with Black silicon tip, we will get red line (Strong bass for rock, pop, metal etc). If you install the damper to the tube and use gray silicon tip, you can get the green line below (Reducing the bass and upgrade mid and High). In the meantime clarity and recognition also rise to another level. This setting is definitely suitable for vocal, classic etc.

How’s the sound feature with damper / gray tip, I would call it pleasant. No pressure is first come to my mind. I can listen to it continuously one hour without fatigued. However, change to ER4P I feel tired with the extraordinary mind high response about 20 minutes.

ER4P is a great earphone indeed. I love the first impression of ER4P. The clarity recognition and extension just let me experience what good mid high is. Some like it, some may not. However, Tai Chi is more comfortable to listen with compare to ER4P.

Cheers,
Rocky

Join DUNU FB for more DUNU information.

Sharing picture to win DN-16 Hephaes (Join period extend to 7/30. 2012)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/618324/dunu-sharing-picture-to-win-dn-16-hephaes-join-period-extend-to-7-30

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 34
Specs? BA or Dynamic? Looks cool!

Dynamic. Look on their site. There are specs.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:
Not to mention the earbud itself. That's full load of accessories, esp the metal case.

It's a quality case :)  Have one from either the Hawkeyes or Crater :p  It's a nice case though :)

Jul 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:
Wonderful! I'm really curious about these headphones. Your impressions piqued my curiosity even higher. When will this be release? How much will it cost??

Quote:
want one! price??

MSRP is $ 127 and It will be officially release around Auguest, 10 2012.

Mid end price but High end performance. Though I am a DUNU rep but I can tell you I love it much with that C/P as an audiophile. Other nice earphone can compete with Tai Chi mostly cost more or around the the price range.BTW My simple impression does not include Hi end player like sony D-50 and without amplifier. It levels up "more" with these device though. 

Jul 24, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 34
It is indeed a very nice model. People who want a lot of sparkle may want to elsewhere, but what the DN-19 excels at is smoothness and balance. It is not harsh, anywhere on the spectrum, and delivers a neutral response in the closed port configuration. In the open port configuration, the bass becomes significantly thumpier and the entire response just feels more lively, There is a very slight deduction in clarity because the bass levels are now higher, but overall, the performance is still quite nice. I didn't try it with an amplifier, but I can assume that, with most dynamic earphones, the DN-19 will scale nicely with an amplifier.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 34
Quote:
It is indeed a very nice model. People who want a lot of sparkle may want to elsewhere, but what the DN-19 excels at is smoothness and balance. It is not harsh, anywhere on the spectrum, and delivers a neutral response in the closed port configuration. In the open port configuration, the bass becomes significantly thumpier and the entire response just feels more lively, There is a very slight deduction in clarity because the bass levels are now higher, but overall, the performance is still quite nice. I didn't try it with an amplifier, but I can assume that, with most dynamic earphones, the DN-19 will scale nicely with an amplifier.

Nice comment tomscy2000

As to the amplifier, currently I don't have other amplifier on hand so I use Fiio E11. Just like Fernito said high are tightened. The sound stage is notably larger. Music is more enjoyable in some genre like electronic, ACG etc. In sum, play with amplifier will enhance the performance. I believe other high end amplifier can bring out Tai Chi's potential. It's worth trying. However, the trade off is a little bit easier to feel fatigued than without Amplifier.

Aug 23, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #15 of 34
I did want to mention I got a nice package in the mail today.  My review will be posted on the blog I work for in the next couple of weeks.  I'm not giving detailed impressions for a few days though (need to burn in and adjust).  Comparisons will only be done once the review has been posted.  Take a look below to see a pic...
 ​

http://picasion.com/pic57/ec0067497d89765eeea45cb82e3d9c12.gif

Seems the gif quality for upload isn't that great...  Use the link above.  Since this is the Tai Chi thread, I'll give the Tai Chi image below:
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back