Similar to HD25s with wider soundstage/equal portability/less forward highs/similar isolation?
Aug 28, 2011 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pott

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking into getting some new headphones next week before I travel to Canada. I LOVE my HD25s and I'm not getting rid of it (I also have some M50s for home but I don't travel with these).

However I would really like something similar witha slightly wider soundtage, and I could sacrifice some of the forward high end too.
Isolation is important but not critical to me.

It's to listen out of a J3 with MP3s, VBR around 192 to 256kbps. Blues, acoustic, metal of all heaviness, rock of all styles, punk, Ska, reggae... usually anything with guitar in it.

Any ideas? :) thanks!

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 6
If money is no object to you, you could get the king of all portables, the ultrasone ed 8...

besides that I am not really sure, perhaps browse Joker's transportable headphone shootout for which one has the widest soundstage? Maybe the AKG portables (181dj and such) have wider soundstage than the hd25 due to not having the forwardness that the hd25 has? I can't speak from experience though, haven't tried those headphones for more than like 5 minutes at a store...

Aug 28, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 6
Er money's no object up until 200 or 250 euros, but no more. I only listen to MP3s, I don't want/need to use an amp and I wear my headphones almost 24/7. So I need something practical and not that valuable.

I got my HD25s IIs for 125 euros brand new so I realise it'll be very hard for me to find something more suited for me without spending much more...

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 6
So I guess I didn't pick an easy fight... The T1350s are A LOT more expensive than the HD25s and don't seem to be that much better... unfortunately I cannot try them here. I guess this and the TMA-1 were my only choices... :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 6
I used to have the 518s which were great for the money but definitely inferior in every aspects to the HD25s. 
I guess I just got my HD25s for so cheap that it makes it hard to spend any more on 'upgrades' (if they indeed exist).

I was looking into the T1350 but they're just VERY expensive in Europe and I've yet to ever even see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back