Nov 19, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #32 of 233
Sounds like a nice idea...I'm in!
Shipping to the EU would be easier for me right now, but I can also exchange CDs with someone in the US
regular_smile .gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #34 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by pat1006 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zanth: As of this post everyone should be in here:
2shared - download Head-fi's 2008 Christmas CD Exchange.xls

You can delete this post if needed.

Sweet! Thanks! I'm in a conference right now (last talk of the day!!!) and I'll update later today if needed, but the xls is a help, thanks a bunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, when do we know who we get? And it doesn't have to be CDs, right? The thread title and the OP seem to differ a little on that.

Right, sorry, I should entitle it Gift exchange. LPs, CDs, amps, etc... I was once given a passive crossover! GREAT gift.

The key is to work it out with your partner. Dec 1st everyone gets their partner's name.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #36 of 233
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, when do we know who we get? And it doesn't have to be CDs, right? The thread title and the OP seem to differ a little on that.

If I may: we all sign up here and Zanth (randomly, but with note to preferences like local shipping) pairs us up. Then it is up to us to contact each other to exchange addresses, what sort of gifts we're exchanging and other information. Maybe you want to exchange musical preferences before buying CDs, or maybe not. Maybe you want to send each other vinyl instead of CD, maybe not. Etc. It's all up to you and your partner.

Also check out this thread for the result of last year's succesful Christmas exchange!

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #40 of 233
Shameless bump!

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #43 of 233
Tonight I'll be grabbing all the names from the xls and providing them in the first post so folks can check it if they feel like it. Spread the word around if you are in contact with Head-fiers via other means than the forums, hopefully he can get the biggest turn out yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back