Shure SRH1840 and SRH1440 Unveiled!
Jan 13, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #691 of 2,282

Quote:
Does anyone know the true release date of these things? (1840s specifically).

On the Shure website it states Dec. 2012...a bit far away. Source: http://www.shure.com/americas/news-events/coming-soon/srh1840-professional-open-back-headphones-coming-soon

However, on the same site but different page, they say early 2012. Source: http://www.shure.com/americas/news-events/press-releases/open-back-headphones

Not toooo long. Todd (TTVJ) has them up on his site with the "buy it now" button attached. He was in contact with the Shure rep. before hand. Call or give an email to discover the time frame....

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #692 of 2,282
Does anyone know the true release date of these things? (1840s specifically).

On the Shure website it states Dec. 2012...a bit far away. Source: http://www.shure.com/americas/news-events/coming-soon/srh1840-professional-open-back-headphones-coming-soon

However, on the same site but different page, they say early 2012. Source: http://www.shure.com/americas/news-events/press-releases/open-back-headphones

It says winter, not December. It is currently winter so they will release it by the end of winter.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #693 of 2,282
I found this review about the SRH1840, but it's in Japanese (nothing that a Google Translator can't help)
http://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201112/20/426.html
According to this, SRH1840 is very similar to the SRH940 in terms of sound  (not sure about this information). In the 4th page you can find a compare between it and the HD650.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #694 of 2,282

Quote:
I found this review about the SRH1840, but it's in Japanese (nothing that a Google Translator can't help)
According to this, SRH1840 is very similar to the SRH940 in terms of sound. In the 4th page you can find a compare between it and the HD650.

I'm hoping for better balance than that...

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #695 of 2,282

Quote:
I'm hoping for better balance than that...

You and I both.  After the early reports on the HD700 and now comments that the SRH1840 is similar to the 940 - I'm probably going to stick with what I have.  Hard to beat the benchmark the HD600 sets at it's price point anyway.

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #696 of 2,282

Quote:
You and I both.  After the early reports on the HD700 and now comments that the SRH1840 is similar to the 940 - I'm probably going to stick with what I have.  Hard to beat the benchmark the HD600 sets at it's price point anyway.

I really need to give the HD600 a shot sometime.

I was impressed with the HD650 via e7/e9 preamp --> Schitt Valahalla but it was certainly colored (in the opposite direction of the 940 I might add).

A flatter 650 would be intriguing

Jan 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #697 of 2,282

Quote:
According to this, SRH1840 is very similar to the SRH940 in terms of sound. In the 4th page you can find a compare between it and the HD650.

Do you know Japanese, or did you use google translator ?

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #698 of 2,282
Very interesting review, they compare it to the HD650 too. Google translate is very difficult to understand though, because it produces ambiguous sentences that could be taken either way.

>Again, impressive space representation of the type utilized to fully release the strength.Are arranged in space and crisp sound spread naturally, wonderful sound and sound separation, sound is clearer than including every single draw. I say big up to par with the speaker, a headphone is the highest spatial representation.

It would seem at least, that the review comments on an impressive soundstage. It also mentions how it's different (better) than an SRH940 from what I gather, not anything about it being the same. It talks about bass but google translate is so ambiguous with japanese I can't tell if it's saying it has strong bass or weak bass.

Jan 13, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #699 of 2,282

Quote:
I really need to give the HD600 a shot sometime.

I was impressed with the HD650 via e7/e9 preamp --> Schitt Valahalla but it was certainly colored (in the opposite direction of the 940 I might add).

A flatter 650 would be intriguing

@R-A
I wish you and I weren't so far away.  I've been intrigued by your comments about the Charter-Oak's as well.  We could have done a swap for a few weeks.  Unfortunately the postal cost is simply not worth it.   If you get the chance, they (HD600)  are well worth a listen.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #700 of 2,282

Quote:
Do you know Japanese, or did you use google translator ?

Google translator

Quote:
Very interesting review, they compare it to the HD650 too. Google translate is very difficult to understand though, because it produces ambiguous sentences that could be taken either way.

>Again, impressive space representation of the type utilized to fully release the strength.Are arranged in space and crisp sound spread naturally, wonderful sound and sound separation, sound is clearer than including every single draw. I say big up to par with the speaker, a headphone is the highest spatial representation.

It would seem at least, that the review comments on an impressive soundstage. It also mentions how it's different (better) than an SRH940 from what I gather, not anything about it being the same. It talks about bass but google translate is so ambiguous with japanese I can't tell if it's saying it has strong bass or weak bass.

That was my impression of what the first paragraph in the third page wanted to say. Just saying: I used google translator and some things are really hard to understand and be sure that I got the right intention of the reviewer. I recommend reading it by yourself and get your own conclusion instead of what I posted (which I'm editing just to ensure that a wrong impression of mine don't turn into something that ppl think it's true..)

Was just trying to help anyway...

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #701 of 2,282
I was using Bing translator and it was clear to me that the Japanese web site stated that the HD650 has a softer (flesher) presentation and not as clear or sharp as compared to the SRH1840

Jan 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #705 of 2,282
Yeah, I do remember the 1440 being reported to be more bassy. Being open, I have to wonder how it will be compared to the HD650, especially at a similar MSRP price point.

All this suspense is so annoying... I wish we knew when it was actually to be released. The prices (and sound signatures) suggest competitors to the HD650 and HD700 respectively, which is a little hard to believe considering how well regarded Sennheiser is, particularly the HD650. I hope they do compete though, if not only because it would improve the market (competition = good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back