Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #19,726 of 22,945
@joshnor713 Cheers! The tips are Sony (hybrids?), using the bore adaptor that comes with the Spinfit CP240. Cable's the **** 8 core silver plated, which looks like it was made for the 846!

Oh, didn't know the Sony Hybrids would fit. Thought they had a wider nozzle. Did you mod them?

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #19,727 of 22,945
Has anyone ever been shocked In the ear While wearing the SE 846 It just happened to me Two days in a row Yesterday and just now It felt like A little bit of electricity Shot through the tube on the left ear Gave me a little shock Scared the crap out of me I am using Spin fit CP 240 Medium Tips I've had this pair for almost a year And yesterday and today is the first time I've been shocked Well wearing them It was kind a like when you touch Your tongue To a 9 V battery I'm guessing the electricity shot straight through the tube. Just wondering if anyone has had this experience? Or just me.
Surprising that such a thing can happen with the SE846 with its plastic housing, which should be a bad conductor. Was it attached to a source which was attached to the mains?

I'm asking because I get electrical shocks from my two Andromedas and my Atlas when they are driven by a mains-powered device – no matter if on or off – on the balcony with its concrete floor. Therefore I have my feet placed on a waste-paper stack and avoid touching the metal fence, otherwise it can get painful. (Curiously just four of the six drivers react like this.)

Nov 15, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #19,728 of 22,945
9939094_l.jpg

I'll see your **** 8 Core and raise to **** 16 Core... :sunglasses:

Seriously though, killer cables for the price.

Shure SE846.jpg

Nov 15, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #19,730 of 22,945
Nov 16, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #19,731 of 22,945
I'll see your **** 8 Core and raise to **** 16 Core... :sunglasses:

Seriously though, killer cables for the price.

Looks like a nice cable. And a good price

In this thread there have been discussions about the impedance match between source, cable and 846.
If the specs are right, I saw on Aliexpress the impedance of this cable is 30 ohms.
Do you reckon this number is correct?

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #19,732 of 22,945
Looks like a nice cable. And a good price

In this thread there have been discussions about the impedance match between source, cable and 846.
If the specs are right, I saw on Aliexpress the impedance of this cable is 30 ohms.
Do you reckon this number is correct?

I very much doubt 30Ω is correct. Perhaps they missed the decimal point somewhere, I do have the same cable a Fluke meter so I can measure the resistance, but not the impedance. I will post my findings later.

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #19,733 of 22,945
Surprising that such a thing can happen with the SE846 with its plastic housing, which should be a bad conductor. Was it attached to a source which was attached to the mains?

I'm asking because I get electrical shocks from my two Andromedas and my Atlas when they are driven by a mains-powered device – no matter if on or off – on the balcony with its concrete floor. Therefore I have my feet placed on a waste-paper stack and avoid touching the metal fence, otherwise it can get painful. (Curiously just four of the six drivers react like this.)

I know right I didn't think that was possible either. I'm not sure what you mean by mains? Everything is plugged into a UPS Before it goes to the wall

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #19,734 of 22,945
I know right I didn't think that was possible either. I'm not sure what you mean by mains? Everything is plugged into a UPS Before it goes to the wall
So you're confirming that the SE846 was indirectly connected to the mains supply (although I'm unsure what «UPS» means – uninterrupted power supply?). That doesn't explain how it could conduct some current to the ears.

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #19,736 of 22,945
Oh yes, that's right. However, they are cased with a plastic ear tip after all, and a spark would need a too hefty current to be plausible. But what do I know!

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #19,737 of 22,945
Oh yes, that's right. However, they are cased with a plastic ear tip after all, and a spark would need a too hefty current to be plausible. But what do I know!
A tremendous amount for sure. But, I was just trying to guess how it might have happened. I've had a few mic shocks from bad grounding with my guitar amp and PA amp. Quite painful.

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #19,738 of 22,945

Ah, and thus we come to the crux of the problem; he forgot to attach the ear buds before insertion.

Well my work here is done.

Nov 21, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #19,739 of 22,945
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #19,740 of 22,945
Hello,
for Christmas, i'd like to see if the balanced out of my FIIO X7 can realy give a different, upfully noticely better sound than the standard out of my Shure 846.
Honestly, i doubt about it, but i'm curious and ready to pay!
Any suggestion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back