Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #18,511 of 22,945
Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #18,514 of 22,945
I mean are these genuine SE846? Price seems kinda low.

This is why I'd recommend buying the clear model. I've yet to see any authentic-looking clear fakes. (It would be very difficult to fake Shure's low-pass filter.)

And the fact that they're not an authorized Shure dealer too... take that as you will though.

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #18,515 of 22,945
This one is the most authentic looking clear fakes that I found. If the creator were to engrave SHURE and the 846 into the BA drivers, they will probably confuse some new buyers who have not seen a real SE846.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...adset-Custom-Made-Around-Ear/32680105235.html

This is why I'd recommend buying the clear model. I've yet to see any authentic-looking clear fakes. (It would be very difficult to fake Shure's low-pass filter.)

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #18,516 of 22,945
gHJpADV.jpg

Here you go lads. As I said I bought them directly from Amazon not from their marketplace. They ought to be legit, they feel quality but there's always a chance of rouge employee doing a quick swap on the way. That said having read some more on the subject I see that other people make remarks similar to mine (although majority sing praises obviously) so it is a matter of personal experiences and preferences and hardware/tips used. To me I'm still in two minds if I'm going to keep them. I'd love to try Westone's W4 which I believe compete with 846's but I'm somewhat put off by the reports of Westones being fragile.

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #18,517 of 22,945
gHJpADV.jpg

Here you go lads. As I said I bought them directly from Amazon not from their marketplace. They ought to be legit, they feel quality but there's always a chance of rouge employee doing a quick swap on the way. That said having read some more on the subject I see that other people make remarks similar to mine (although majority sing praises obviously) so it is a matter of personal experiences and preferences and hardware/tips used. To me I'm still in two minds if I'm going to keep them. I'd love to try Westone's W4 which I believe compete with 846's but I'm somewhat put off by the reports of Westones being fragile.

I can't be 100% certain, since you don't have clear shells. Maybe this is just some perspective distortion from the photograph, but the angle of those nozzles (particularly on the right earbud in this photo) looks a bit off to me.

Who was the seller? Was it Amazon, or a third party?

Dec 18, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #18,518 of 22,945
I can't be 100% certain, since you don't have clear shells. Maybe this is just some perspective distortion from the photograph, but the angle of those nozzles (particularly on the right earbud in this photo) looks a bit off to me.

Who was the seller? Was it Amazon, or a third party?

As I said I bought them directly from Amazon not from their marketplace.

Nozzles are straight.

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #18,519 of 22,945
Nozzles are straight.

I see that the nozzles are straight. This may be legit, but I'm puzzled about the angle at which the nozzles protrude from the shell.

As for the Amazon purchase, it is possible to buy items from Amazon for which a) Amazon is the seller, or b) a third party is the seller, but the sale is fulfilled by Amazon. There is a difference.

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #18,520 of 22,945
Saying (multiple times) that I bought them directly from Amazon means I bought them from Amazon Inc/LLC via their UK website Amazon.co.uk which is a trading name for Amazon EU Sarl, for Amazon Media EU and for Amazon Services Europe Sarl, all of which have their registered office at 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg, Europe.

Any other non direct purchase on Amazon is a marketplace/3rd party purchase which might or might not be fullfiled by Amazon

Dec 18, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #18,521 of 22,945
Saying (multiple times) that I bought them directly from Amazon means I bought them from Amazon Inc/LLC via their UK website Amazon.co.uk which is a trading name for Amazon EU Sarl, for Amazon Media EU and for Amazon Services Europe Sarl, all of which have their registered office at 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg, Europe.

Any other non direct purchase on Amazon is a marketplace/3rd party purchase which might or might not be fullfiled by Amazon

Then you should be fine. Unless it's defective.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #18,522 of 22,945
Is it a Bronze set? Thought the lettering should be white and not black (I had a bronze set before buying the clear one).

Dec 19, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #18,523 of 22,945
IMG_0623.jpg
Is it a Bronze set? Thought the lettering should be white and not black (I had a bronze set before buying the clear one).
I also have bronze And the lettering is white.
Sorry about the wax did not realize until after I took the picture.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back