Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #18,301 of 22,945
Hello,
I am using Spinfit CP800M with my SE846 and I would like to try the new bi-flange CP240-M but amazon.com doesn't sell them to my country (France). So, if someone can order one pair for me, I would be happy to buy them, maybe using paypal if it's the best solution !
It maybe a good idea to order medium and also small size (if they are compatible with SE846 small nozzles) ?
Thanks in advance for help.
Best Regards,

Nicolas

Oct 29, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #18,302 of 22,945
Hello,
I am using Spinfit CP800M with my SE846 and I would like to try the new bi-flange CP240-M but amazon.com doesn't sell them to my country (France). So, if someone can order one pair for me, I would be happy to buy them, maybe using paypal if it's the best solution !
It maybe a good idea to order medium and also small size (if they are compatible with SE846 small nozzles) ?
Thanks in advance for help.
Best Regards,

Nicolas

I got a set from Penon Audio, worth considering, I'm sure that they will ship to France. From shipping to arrival in the UK was 5 days.

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #18,306 of 22,945
Oh my. It's such a common but neglected issue.

May I ask when did you purchase it?

I had the cracked sided replaced for free when my warranty was almost ending. After a few months, the same thing happened. Now I'm out of warranty. I am truly disappointed with Shure.

I'm gonna wait for it to fall apart and do a custom reshell unless Shure is willing to replace it without warranty (which I highly doubt so).

Sorry for the late reply

Mine was bought last year (September). So Shure responded my email by appointing to local authorised distributor which came up with unsatisfying answer: at my country the warranty was 1 years (instead of 2yrs) and does not cover "shell" issues.

So i decided to applied my own warranty: glueing it with LCD adhesive and call it even.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #18,307 of 22,945
On the Penon site :
https://penonaudio.com/SpinFit-TwinBlade-CP220-230-240
It's not written that the specific 3mm adapter for Shure is included (amazon includes it)... SteveOliver, when you get the eartips from Penon, this adapter was included ?
Thanks for your help.
Nicolas

Sorry for the late reply, no I didn't get the adaptors, I have used a pair of the plastic inserts from a set of worn out foamies to do the same job.

Oct 31, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #18,309 of 22,945
Hey for those SE846 owners interested, I posted impressions of the Linum SuperBaX G2 cable paired with the SE846 on my site:

https://www.thesynops.com/linum-superbax-g2-mmcx-cable-synopsis/

Linum_Super_BaX_16.jpg

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #18,310 of 22,945
I hit the buy button Tonight on the SE846 Bronze. I hope They're well worth the price.

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #18,311 of 22,945
They arrived three hours ago I tried all the tips And luckily I have This Spinfit CP240-L and M Sizes, And the L Size Sounds best To my ears The foam comes in at number two. And I have to say Holy crap. They're definitely worth it!!!!!

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #18,312 of 22,945
@cyclops they are indeed well worth the price. I have had mine for three-and-a-bit years now and couldn't imagine putting anything else in my ears. For best results, get yourself upgrade the cable to a HeadphoneLounge copper litz. You already have the Spinfits which is great. I went from Westone's to these and couldn't be happier.

While visiting my brother last month I auditioned his Campfire Audio Jupiters. Lots to like about them, especially the enveloping soundstage, but the midrange isn't a patch on that of the 8's. Same goes for timbre and texture - the 846s absolutley smoke them int hat department.

Nov 2, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #18,313 of 22,945
@cyclops they are indeed well worth the price. I have had mine for three-and-a-bit years now and couldn't imagine putting anything else in my ears. For best results, get yourself upgrade the cable to a HeadphoneLounge copper litz. You already have the Spinfits which is great. I went from Westone's to these and couldn't be happier.

While visiting my brother last month I auditioned his Campfire Audio Jupiters. Lots to like about them, especially the enveloping soundstage, but the midrange isn't a patch on that of the 8's. Same goes for timbre and texture - the 846s absolutley smoke them int hat department.
Thanks for the cable advice. Once I Pay off the 846 I will have to look into That.

Nov 6, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #18,315 of 22,945
Hi and sorry to jump in but i am clearly missing something. Is it of no value to mention the actual amp used to evaluate the earspeakers ?
I agree that cables are also very important but amp comes first. You could find the Shure lacking on something when in reality can be a limitation of the amp used.
Thanks and regards, gino

Users who are viewing this thread

Back